Assists patients over the telephone or in person with inquiries about their bills. Performs financial counseling functions for patients who do not have adequate insurance coverage.
Department: Patient Accounts
Location: Englewood, NJ
Status: Full Time
Job Essentials: The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements and competencies.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions to review patient documents, to complete related forms and to perform basic noncomplex arithmetical calculations when determining eligibility for various public assistance programs at a level normally acquired through completion of high school.
- Approximately three to six months of on the job experience necessary in order to gain understanding of financial counseling functions.
- Interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with patients, families, physicians, insurance companies, public assistance agencies, when ascertaining financial status and answering questions.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for up to 90% of the work day when performing credit functions.
- Typing or PC skills are required.
Education Requirements: High School diploma required.
Englewood Health is one of New Jersey's leading hospitals and healthcare networks. Composed of Englewood Hospital, the Englewood Health Physician Network, and the Englewood Health Foundation, the health system delivers nationally recognized care in a community setting to residents of northern New Jersey and beyond. The hospital, founded in 1890, consistently earns high marks for clinical excellence and patient safety. It is among the top 10% of hospitals in the nation to earn the 2019 Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. The hospital is also nationally recognized for nursing excellence, earning a fourth consecutive designation by the Magnet Recognition Program® in 2016. Areas of clinical excellence include cardiac surgery and cardiac care, cancer care, orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, vascular surgery, and women's health, as well as bloodless medicine and surgery. Englewood Health is continually expanding services and enhancing access through the Englewood Health Physician Network, a coordinated network of office-based and hospital-based providers at more than 100 locations in six counties in New Jersey and New York. Through the main acute-care facility, physician network, hospital outpatient departments offering imaging services in local communities, and a variety of community health and wellness programs, Englewood Health delivers a healthcare experience that puts patients at the center.
Apply on company website