Job Summary: Assists the Laboratory Technical Staff by processing orders and specimens, and to provide laboratory information to the Medical Staff. Supports the Laboratory Mission and Vision by providing excellent customer service to all the clients of the laboratory.
Location: Englewood Hospital
Status: Full Time
Hours: 2:00pm - 10:00pm with weekend rotation
- Supports Outreach Program by registering patient specimens into Hospital Computer System. Enters demographic and insurance information as provided on the specimen requisitions. Orders laboratory tests as indicated on requisitions.
- Responds to the needs of outside clients by providing information and/or supplies. Arranges for requested specimen pickup with courier staff.
- Checks and processes specimens received to meet Laboratory's criteria for tests ordered. Verifies receipt of specimen in Laboratory computer. Corrects or modifies orders as needed. Enters additional or new orders in the laboratory computer system as needed. Follows-up on problem orders, orders received without specimens, and specimens received without orders. Reviews all outpatient prescriptions to ensure accuracy of tests ordered.
Processes tests to be sent to outside Reference Laboratories. Uses multiple vendor-specific computers systems to prepare electronic requisitions and to transmit orders to the outside Reference Lab. Prepares specimen according to instructions in Reference Lab Manual. Mails or sends specimen to Reference Lab via courier pick-up.
Receives Reference Lab reports by mail, computer printer, fax, or computer interface. Enters results into Laboratory Computer. Mails original Reference Lab reports to physicians. Maintains a file copy of reference.
- works in the Central Processing Department.
- Prints incomplete list of Reference Lab work. Follows-up on any tests that do not come back from Reference Lab within expected turn-around time.
- Answers phone calls Answers phone calls coming into the Clinical Laboratory promptly and courteously. Provides information and test results to the Medical Center Staff and outside clients in a courteous manner. Directs calls as needed. Pages phlebotomists for stat blood draws.
- Answers pneumatic tube. Delivers specimens to correct testing section within Laboratory. Centrifuges specimens, separates and aliquots specimens as directed.
- Prints Patient Reports as needed. Sorts and sends patient reports to Physicians. Faxes all outpatient reports to physicians and other reports as requested. Reports Stat and abnormal preadmission testing results to physicians by telephone. Generates other computer reports as directed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma.
- Previous exposure to Laboratory and Laboratory terminology. Excellent communication and public relation skills. Familiarity with computer terminals, keyboards, printers, and PC's.
***COVID Vaccination Requirement***
Englewood Health requires all newly hired team members to provide either (a) documentation of Covid-19 vaccination, or (b) documentation of receipt of Covid-19 vaccination dose #1 prior to hire date, and to complete the series within the prescribed schedule for the particular vaccination. If pursuant to option (b), a candidate is not fully vaccinated prior to their first day of work, documentation must be presented upon completion of the series as a condition of employment. A pre-employment candidate may request an exemption due to the candidate's bona fide religious belief or disability, and any offer of employment will be conditioned upon approval of the request.
Englewood Health is one of New Jersey's leading hospitals and healthcare networks. Composed of Englewood Hospital, the Englewood Health Physician Network, and the Englewood Health Foundation, the health system delivers nationally recognized care in a community setting to residents of northern New Jersey, New York, and beyond. The hospital, founded in 1890, consistently earns high marks for clinical excellence and patient safety. Englewood Hospital holds the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade ‘A' and is nationally recognized for nursing excellence, earning a fifth consecutive designation by the Magnet Recognition Program® in 2021. Areas of clinical excellence include cardiac surgery and cardiac care, cancer care, orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, vascular surgery, and women's health, as well as bloodless medicine and surgery. Englewood Health is an affiliate of Hackensack Meridian Health. The hospital offers an internal medicine residency program affiliated with Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine, as well as a vascular surgery fellowship, pharmacy residency program, podiatry residency program, and a radiography training program. Englewood also serves as a training site for surgery, pathology, emergency medicine, anesthesiology, critical care medicine, and other medical and surgical subspecialties. Englewood Health is continually expanding services and enhancing access through the Englewood Health Physician Network, a coordinated network of more than 500 office-based and hospital-based providers at more than 100 locations in six counties in New Jersey and New York. Through the main acute-care facility, physician network, hospital outpatient departments offering imaging services in local communities, and a variety of community health and wellness programs, Englewood Health delivers a healthcare experience that puts patients at the center. For additional information, visit www.englewoodhealth.org.
Apply on company website