Coordinates the cataloging functions of the Health Sciences Library, serials management functions for the journal subscriptions for the Health Sciences Library and departments of the Medical Center. Also acts as reference assistant and clerical assistant to the Coordinator Health Science Library.
Department: Medical Library
Location: Englewood, NJ
Status: Per Diem
- Prepares books for cataloging
- Catalogs books on the computer
- Checks in journals on the computer serials system
- Discards old journals
- Keeps journals and books on order on shelves
- Performs secretarial work for the Library Coordinator and other staff members
- Handles interlibrary requests via phone calls, fax machine, or the Docline computer systems
- Retrieves and photocopies articles for the Medical Center staff
- Works with volunteers involved with circulation, serials control and interlibrary loan article retrieval
- Answers the telephone and routes calls when appropriate
- Assists Coordinator Health Science Library with reference questions
- Follows all service excellence standards and encourages fellow staff members and volunteers to follow the standards
Job Essentials: The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements and competencies.
- High school graduate
- Bachelor's Degree
- Masters in Library Science preferred
- Experience in a medical/hospital library preferred
- Approximately 2-5 years of experience in library circulation
- Experience in data bases retrieval
- Working knowledge of computer systems, word processing, internet searching, and e-mail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills in reading microfilm and computer screens.
***COVID Vaccination Requirement***
Englewood Health requires all newly hired team members to provide either (a) documentation of Covid-19 vaccination, or (b) documentation of receipt of Covid-19 vaccination dose #1 prior to hire date, and to complete the series within the prescribed schedule for the particular vaccination. If pursuant to option (b), a candidate is not fully vaccinated prior to their first day of work, documentation must be presented upon completion of the series as a condition of employment. A pre-employment candidate may request an exemption due to the candidate's bona fide religious belief or disability, and any offer of employment will be conditioned upon approval of the request.
Englewood Health is one of New Jersey's leading hospitals and healthcare networks. Composed of Englewood Hospital, the Englewood Health Physician Network, and the Englewood Health Foundation, the health system delivers nationally recognized care in a community setting to residents of northern New Jersey and beyond. The hospital, founded in 1890, consistently earns high marks for clinical excellence and patient safety. It is among the top 10% of hospitals in the nation to earn the 2019 Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. The hospital is also nationally recognized for nursing excellence, earning a fourth consecutive designation by the Magnet Recognition Program® in 2016. Areas of clinical excellence include cardiac surgery and cardiac care, cancer care, orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, vascular surgery, and women's health, as well as bloodless medicine and surgery. Englewood Health is continually expanding services and enhancing access through the Englewood Health Physician Network, a coordinated network of office-based and hospital-based providers at more than 100 locations in six counties in New Jersey and New York. Through the main acute-care facility, physician network, hospital outpatient departments offering imaging services in local communities, and a variety of community health and wellness programs, Englewood Health delivers a healthcare experience that puts patients at the center.
Apply on company website