Security Officer I will assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of patients, employees, physicians, visitors, and hospital property. These responsibilities include continuous surveillance, reporting and documenting all incidents and remaining sensitive to the need for delivery of quality guest services and assistance to all persons visiting the hospital.
Location: Englewood, NJ
- A minimum of 1 year security experience preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of system-wide policies and procedures.
- Ability to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on system-wide policies.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
- Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
- Skill in operating portable radio devices.
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs rapidly.
- Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
- Ability to maneuver lifting patients in excess of 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions - extreme heat, cold, rain, wind and snow.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Englewood Health is one of New Jersey's leading hospitals and healthcare networks. Composed of Englewood Hospital, the Englewood Health Physician Network, and the Englewood Health Foundation, the health system delivers nationally recognized care in a community setting to residents of northern New Jersey, New York and beyond. The hospital, founded in 1890, consistently earns high marks for clinical excellence and patient safety. Englewood Hospital holds the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade ‘A' and is nationally recognized for nursing excellence, earning a fourth consecutive designation by the Magnet Recognition Program® in 2016. Areas of clinical excellence include cardiac surgery and cardiac care, cancer care, orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, vascular surgery, and women's health, as well as bloodless medicine and surgery. Englewood Health is an affiliate of Hackensack Meridian Health. The hospital offers an internal medicine residency program affiliated with Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University, as well as a vascular surgery fellowship, pharmacy residency program, podiatry residency program, and a radiography training program. Englewood also serves as a training site for surgery, pathology, emergency medicine, anesthesiology, critical care medicine, and other medical and surgical subspecialties. Englewood Health is continually expanding services and enhancing access through the Englewood Health Physician Network, a coordinated network of more than 500 office-based and hospital-based providers at more than 100 locations in six counties in New Jersey and New York. Through the main acute-care facility, physician network, hospital outpatient departments offering imaging services in local communities, and a variety of community health and wellness programs, Englewood Health delivers a healthcare experience that puts patients at the center. For additional information, visit www.englewoodhealth.org.
Apply on company website