ENSCO is seeking an innovative, creative, and highly motivated individual to support the U.S. Space Force, Space Systems Command's MILSATCOM Program through the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (MSEIT) contract. This position, located in El Segundo, CA, will support a diverse set of strategic and tactical MILSATCOM systems and infrastructure in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment.
Duties will include:
- Support Systems Engineering & Integration activities for satellite communications (SATCOM) programs at the Space Systems Command (SSC), El Segundo, CA
- Assist in acquisitions with Lifecycle Logistics subject matter expertise.
- Assist in development of Market Research, Go-Ahead briefings, Early Strategy & Issues Session briefings, Acquisition Strategy, Acquisition Strategy Review Board decisions, Acquisition Strategy Panel decisions, Acquisition Strategy approval, Justification and Approval document, Solicitation Review Board decisions, Request for Proposal documents, Fact finding and Technical Evaluation assistance, Business Clearance documents, Contract Clearance documents, Performance Work Statement/Statement of Work documents, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) documents, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) documents, System Security Engineering requirements, Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan, and other related documents.
- Provide logistics planning, analysis, assessment, requirements verification, technical writing and review of documentation, and integration for SATCOM programs during the acquisition lifecycle; assess programs against the Integrated Product Support Elements
- Develop logistics documentation that includes an Acquisition Strategy Panel, Developmental RFP Release decision, and Milestone B decision
- Evaluate system design and testing of reliability, availability, and maintainability-cost metrics to achieve user requirements in mission capability and monitor system performance for improvements
- Develop, assess, evaluate, and coordinate logistics planning documents to implement a logistics life cycle product support strategy for system fielding, such as Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) products, Life Cycle Sustainment Plan (LCSP), Depot Source of Repair(s) (DSOR), Depot Maintenance Activation Plan(s) (DMAP), policy/instructions, hardware/software licenses and warranties, sustainment concepts, technical orders (TO) verification, training plans, contractor Provisioning Parts List (PPL) and sparing, system support plans, support agreements, System Transition Plan
- Regularly participate in and facilitate integration/schedule/logistics forums for existing and emerging SATCOM programs such as logistics working groups, Integrated Logistics Support Management Team (ILSMT), Depot Maintenance Activation Working Groups (DMAWG), provisioning conferences, and Product Improvement Working Groups (PIWG); report progress status/issues/potential impacts and resolution options; manage tasks/actions to closure; and capture information and present in an integrated schedule of events and milestones for senior leadership review
- Support transition to operations and sustainment activities, and assess operations and maintenance readiness for program Depot activation, operational acceptance decisions and Initial Operational Capability (IOC) declaration
- MS in technical field or course work in military acquisition logistics
- Professional certifications (INCOSE) such as INCOSE CSEP or ESEP
- DAWIA Certifications, such as Program Management Level 1, Life Cycle Logistics Level II
- Familiarity in Contract Data Requirements List development, Data Item Description tailoring, Performance Work Statement/Statement of Work development, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) development, or Contract Security Classification Specification
- 10+ years' experience in in DoD acquisition and life cycle management, sustainment, and transition
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Experience working an DoD ACAT-1 space acquisition program
- Experience in satellite communications systems
- Active DoD SECRET/TS SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree in any field.
- Proficiency in Defense Acquisition System (DoDI 5000.02)
- Proficiency in Integrated Life Cycle Management (AFI 63-101/20-101)
- Proficiency in project planning
- Proficiency in the 12 Integrated Product Support Elements
- Proficiency in requirements management
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate ideas, recommendations and options to customers, senior leaders, and stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- 5+ years' experience in in DoD acquisition and life cycle management, sustainment, and transition
- THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN. YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT.
• Annual education tuition reimbursement
• 401(k) Plan with up to 6% dollar-for-dollar company match
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Spending Accounts – FSA, Dependent Care FSA, and HSA
• Leave available for holidays, bereavement, jury duty, military service, family medical leave, and as required by State law
• Paid Time Off
• 100% Company paid Employee Assistance Program and life, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, business travel accident, and professional liability insurance (employee only)
• Other voluntary programs, including supplemental life, auto and home insurance, and legal program
• Computer purchase discount
• Recognition and reward programs
• Patent awards
• Technical paper awards for presentations and publications
• Recruitment awards
• Length of service awards
• Community service recognition
ENSCO has been delivering engineering, science, and advanced technology solutions to complex priority programs since 1969.ENSCO operates in the aerospace, avionics, national security, rail, and cyber sectors. ENSCO is a small business with 721 employees strong where our Mission Systems Group (MSG) makes up two-thirds of the company. MSG headquarters are located in Cocoa Beach, FL., with facilities and capabilities in Colorado Springs, CO., El Segundo, CA., Orcutt, CA., Endicott, NY, Melbourne, FL., and Springfield, VA. MSG delivers engineering and technologies for aerospace, cybersecurity, avionics, national security programs, and meteorological systems for government and commercial customers.
ENSCO is a family-owned award-winning culture where our model is “we take care of our employees who take care of our customers.” This is a simple but effective strategy that has brought us impressive results over the last 53 years. ENSCO has received many awards such as the 2021 Top Workplace and 2021 Workplaces Technology Awards, which attest to the high standard our employees rate ENSCO during surveys. ENSCO also has a diverse portfolio of benefits such as a flexible work schedule, training, and professional development resources, remote work options, strong work/life balance, and tuition assistance. At ENSCO, you can build your career no matter the stage of your career- college student, new graduate, experienced professional, or transitioning military. Adding to our awards, ENSCO has been recognized for its outstanding culture with several awards including the U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets 2021 Gold Award, Diversity Jobs Top Employer in 2022, and Top Workplaces 2022.
ENSCO engineers bring innovative solutions to complex problems, keeping our nation and its citizens safe. ENSCO has earned the trust of the United States Armed Forces by focusing on areas of national priority, and we salute their sacrifices. We take pride in retaining those highly trained veterans of our highly skilled diversified team.
The ENSCO Corporate Office is located in Springfield, VA.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Apply on company website