ENSCO's Lead from the Front (LFF) Military Transition Program is an approved SkillBridge internship under DoDI 1322.29. The LFF program provides eligible service members the opportunity to gain work experience through industry specific training within the last 180 days of military service. Eligible service members in any branch, regardless of rank, enlisted, or officer are encouraged to apply. The training and work experience provided may vary depending the internship. The LFF program is an unpaid internship through the DoD SkillBridge program. SkillBridge participants continue to receive payment and benefits through their respective military branch as active-duty service members. Official authorization from the selected service members unit commander to participate in SkillBridge must be provided prior to the start of the internship.
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 180 days of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service Transition Assistance Program
- Received Unit Commander approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge
Objectives range from leading other software engineers, team/staff career development, process creation and implementation, managing and ensuring a well CI/CD pipeline for product lines, technology vision/planning/roadmaps/execution, code design/development/integration, assistance in proposals, and working across divisions to ensure standardization and compliance.
- Experience in working under DFARS and understand how to structure efforts to conform with regulations
- History of successfully delivering production level software
- Experience in designing and executing CI/CD pipeline
- Experience in developing/delivering quality software using object-oriented languages for different OS Architectures (Windows, Linux, Smartphones and embedded devices)
- Experience in working/interacting with different types of engineers (ME, EE, SW, Analyst) on a daily basis to develop end-to-end products
- Experience in automated builds tools such as Gitlab, Bamboo, Jenkins
- Worked on and/or lead Agile development teams (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in developing real-time signal processing algorithms
- Experience full stack developer
- Experience in Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Fisheye/Crucible
- Understand Containers and Kubernetes
- Use of and understands when/where/how to use VMs
- Worked with varying types of OS architecture and the integration of efforts across them
- Have a mentality of constant growth to lead the software team and maintain the latest software capabilities and processes.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 4-5 years of software engineering experience
- Must have strong understanding of software development processes and standardization
- Must have experience leading a team
- Must be comfortable with conducting oral presentations
- Must have experience overseeing software lifecycles
- Understanding and practical application in CM and versioning
- Comfortable performing development and integration in languages such as C#, C/C++, JAVA, TypeScript, and Python
- AN ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE OR ABOVE IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
ENSCO has been delivering engineering, science, and advanced technology solutions to complex priority programs since 1969.ENSCO operates in the aerospace, avionics, national security, rail, and cyber sectors. ENSCO is a small business with 721 employees strong where our Mission Systems Group (MSG) makes up two-thirds of the company. MSG headquarters are located in Cocoa Beach, FL., with facilities and capabilities in Colorado Springs, CO., El Segundo, CA., Orcutt, CA., Endicott, NY, Melbourne, FL., and Springfield, VA. MSG delivers engineering and technologies for aerospace, cybersecurity, avionics, national security programs, and meteorological systems for government and commercial customers.
ENSCO is a family-owned award-winning culture where our model is “we take care of our employees who take care of our customers.” This is a simple but effective strategy that has brought us impressive results over the last 53 years. ENSCO has received many awards such as the 2021 Top Workplace and 2021 Workplaces Technology Awards, which attest to the high standard our employees rate ENSCO during surveys. ENSCO also has a diverse portfolio of benefits such as a flexible work schedule, training, and professional development resources, remote work options, strong work/life balance, and tuition assistance. At ENSCO, you can build your career no matter the stage of your career- college student, new graduate, experienced professional, or transitioning military. Adding to our awards, ENSCO has been recognized for its outstanding culture with several awards including the U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets 2021 Gold Award, Diversity Jobs Top Employer in 2022, and Top Workplaces 2022.
ENSCO engineers bring innovative solutions to complex problems, keeping our nation and its citizens safe. ENSCO has earned the trust of the United States Armed Forces by focusing on areas of national priority, and we salute their sacrifices. We take pride in retaining those highly trained veterans of our highly skilled diversified team.
The ENSCO Corporate Office is located in Springfield, VA.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Apply on company website