Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers expectations.
The Pricing Services team builds, supports and maintains the Pricing Engines and Services that calculate and serve up rental pricing data to EHI Reservation and Rental clients. Our products are at the core of the vehicle rental business, so we work closely with business sponsors, along with client teams and service partners to ensure our solutions fulfill all business requirements and established SLAs. Going forward, Pricing Services has the unique opportunity to evolve and consolidate existing solutions with newer innovative technologies that will bring immediate benefit to the business. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team and lead multiple initiatives.
As a Software Engineer 3 in Pricing Services you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology within the Pricing domain. You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. The Software Engineer 3 will be expected to serve as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent the team in a positive manner within and outside of your department. You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions and improving production support. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met. Collaboration with Architects will include identifying and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve overall quality, implementation strategies, and integration of our solutions. You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures. In addition, you will be expected to mentor less senior team members in order for them to develop and advance their own careers.
This position is located at our Lakeside campus off Page Avenue in St. Louis, MO, and may require the ability to travel between our local campuses as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Extensive Java development experience in a professional setting
- SQL experience
- Experience developing, modifying and maintaining RESTful Web Services
- Experience with Spring framework or similar
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritizingskills
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Leadership skills in a team environment
- Experience coaching and mentoring other developers
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Experience with source control management (Bitbucket/GIT experience preferred)
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Experience in Agile methodology and JIRA
- Experience with C and Pro C
- Experience with Tuxedo Middleware
- Experience with Tomcat and WebLogic
Apply on company website