The Senior Communications Engineer will be providing the design for and project managing various systems into the overall Enterprise Products communications infrastructure. This will include designing and implementing systems that integrate with wireless, voice, SCADA, badge access, satellite, microwave, CCTV, and data networks. In addition, managing contract personnel that may be deployed for certain projects. The management of communications projects and interfacing with many third party vendors and contractors to complete those projects will be a common duty. This individual will also be responsible for the ultimate quality control of the deployed systems. With responsibilities to include:
- Design communications solutions involving the integration of the above mentioned technologies.
- Interface with customers to gather appropriate details for communications designs.
- Project management of the deployment of communications designs.
- Interface with external contractors during project deployments and system problem resolutions.
- Maintain the budgets for communications projects being managed.
- Provide upper level technical support for the field communications technicians.
- Research new technologies that could be utilized as communications solutions.
- Provide technical input on communications contracts and agreements.
- Provide FCC and FAA administration for Communications assets.
- Generate technology standards documents.
- Technical support for internal field technicians on trouble resolutions.
- 50% travel.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering is required.
- A PMP certification is preferred.
- A FCC license and network certification (CCNA) is a plus.
- 7 years experience in 3 or more of the following technologies: wireless, voice, SCADA, badge access, satellite, microwave, CCTV, and data networks is required.
- Experience in the design and integration of communications systems and the associated project management of those designs is required.
- Applicant should be able to effectively utilize Visio or CAD for system diagrams.
- Experience with communications path profile software is preferred in addition to the utilization of the FCC ULS web site.
- The ability to communicate effectively while working with internal and external customers.
- Should be able to manage multiple communications projects while also fielding requests and support from various sources.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and be self motivated is required.
- Should be able to lift moderate weight and have the ability to kneel, bend and twist while installing or testing project deployments.
- Depending on the project, travel to the offshore environment may be a requirement.
Apply on company website