Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity. Tap into the professional possibilities of the largest publicly traded energy partnership that features one of the most diversified cash flow streams in the midstream segment of the energy industry. With dynamic career opportunities and a creative and supportive environment, our unique midstream energy organization offers the chance to share and be recognized for your ideas. Join our team and increase your opportunities for success.
The Senior Control Engineer will be responsible for designing and verifying Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF) associated with facility Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS). Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering and technical support for process control, instrumentation, and measurement technologies associated with SIS
- Participation and technical guidance for facility Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Providing technical guidance and/or facilitation of Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Facilitating the Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Analysis and performing associated SIL Calculations
- Developing SIS strategies for complex SIFs
- Developing Safety Requirement Specifications (SRS)
- Providing SIF test procedures and training for operations personnel
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or related degree is required.
- A minimum of 10 plus years' experience designing and implementing SIS for the process industry including plants and/or pipeline facilities is required.
- Extensive knowledge of PHA, LOPA, and SIL analysis is required.
- Experience with applying ISA84 requirements to SIS design is required.
- Working knowledge of industry recognized safety system, burner management equipment, and implementation is required.
- Working knowledge of industry standards for documentation, basic and complex regulatory control, loop tuning, DCS and PLC configuration is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and instrumentation design is required.
- Experience with ICS Triplex, Honeywell, Triconex, and Allen Bradley PLCs is preferred.
- Should be able to work both independently and with others in the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to perform light work, able to lift minimum of 20 pounds occasionally, be able to climb a ladder, and be able to reach overhead, stoop, bend and twist while working.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically
Apply on company website