Company: Enterprise Products
Location: Houston, TX
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Energy, Utilities, Environmental
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity. Tap into the professional possibilities of the largest publicly traded energy partnership that features one of the most diversified cash flow streams in the midstream segment of the energy industry. With dynamic career opportunities and a creative and supportive environment, our unique midstream energy organization offers the chance to share and be recognized for your ideas. Join our team and increase your opportunities for success.
The Senior Project Engineer (I&E) will be responsible for designing and installing process control systems and related projects. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering and technical support for process control, instrumentation, and measurement technologies for projects.
- Providing technical guidance for design of recommendations from Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Facilitating the Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Analysis.
- Participate in the design effort for control system upgrades, Burner Management System upgrades, and shutdown system upgrades.
- Providing guidance and support for process control project scope and estimates.
- Support the use of new standards, specifications, details, maintenance procedures, and documentation for plant and pipeline related projects.
- Participating in operational training as related to these systems.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or related degree is required.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience on implementation of process control systems and I&E related functions for plant and pipeline facilities is required.
- Working knowledge of industry standards for documentation, basics and complex regulatory control, loop tuning, safety systems, DCS and PLC configuration is required.
- Working knowledge of electrical and instrumentation design including relay logic.
- Working knowledge of HAZOP, LOPA, and SIL analysis are required.
- Working knowledge of industry recognized safety system, burner management equipment, and implementation is required.
- Working experience with ICS Triplex, Honeywell, Triconex, and Allen Bradley PLC is preferred.
- Should be a self-starter and able to work both independently and with others in the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to perform light work, able to lift minimum of 20 pounds occasionally, be able to climb a ladder, and be able to reach overhead, stoop, bend and twist while working.
Apply on company website