Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.The Pipeline Operator works a rotating shift, travels and cross-trains in the operations and maintenance of equipment and processes associated with pipeline operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs terminal and station operations by coordinating with Pipeline Control and other affiliates to ensure timely, safe and quality controlled handling of products.
- Tank gauging, manifold line up, development of paperwork and log/record information related to inventories and quality control.
- Operation of process related equipment, preventative maintenance of equipment and product quality sampling.
- Testing, basic product accounting, product measurement, working with flammable corrosive chemicals and loading and unloading rail tank cars and trucks.
- Must be knowledgeable of environmental regulations and company policy concerning handling and disposal of hazardous substances.
- Participates in available cross training to effectively develop skills in areas specific to other operators and technicians.
- Maintain facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices inside and outside of the facilities.
- Attend all safety meetings and complete safety training courses as required.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Technical certification or equivalent training/experience in a processing plant, pipeline or similar industry is desired.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
- Minimum of 3 years stable work history, preferably in the energy industry.
- Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and possess basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Good verbal/ written communication skills, decision making skills and strong work ethic.
- Able to maintain and promote good working relationships within a team environment.
- Able to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs and must live or relocate to within 1 hour response time of job assignment.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently or in a team environment and willing to learn.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment with the ability to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
- Must have a history of being dependable and reliable, take pride in a job well done, and enjoy working hard.
- Candidate must have good organizational skills, excellent attention to detail.
- Good customer relation skills with the ability to interface with land owners and other corporate and field personnel.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
- Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
Apply on company website