Why join us?
Applied is listed as one of the World's Best Employers by Forbes for 2021. We have earned the Outstanding Employer Support award from the US Navy and we are a GSA approved vendor.
Applied has been fortunate to retain associates who have built long lasting careers. 25% of our U.S. team has 20+ years of service!
In addition to competitive pay and all the benefits you'd expect from an industry leader (401K with company match, insurance, company vehicle, time off, employee assistance, tuition reimbursement, etc.) you will also enjoy:
A LASTING CAREER – Career paths are available in sales, management, and operations throughout the country
Professional development and training
Team oriented company culture where it's called work for a reason but have fun in the process
Join a local team with company backing
FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY FOR A PROJECT TEAM INSIDE SALESREP LOCATED IN HOUSTON-TX, SCHAUMBURG-IL, OR ROMEOVILLE-IL LOCATIONS, WHERE WE NOT ONLY WORK TOGETHER BUT WE WIN TOGETHER!
FCX Performance is an Applied Industrial Technologies Company and a leader in process flow control. As an Inside Sales Rep on the Project Team with FCX Performance, you will establish and expand relationships with our suppliers, customers and sales team.
You will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction, retention and results! Our Project Team Inside Sales Rep must be a multi-tasker with attention to detail, excellent organization skills and possess solid time management and communication skills.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintains responsibility of Project Orders from quotation to collection:
- Select and specify a variety of products utilizing a variety of FCX and vendor supplied tools/software
- Responds to customer Project inquiries and requests
- Processes Project Purchase orders and provide order acknowledgement(s)
- Review customer Project purchase orders for special conditions/documentation and communicate with Project Team-Doc Control and Expeditor
- Checks availability and verifies ship dates working with the Project Team Expeditor
- Processes Project overage returns and returns to vendor(s) in an accurate and timely manner
- Sources product and creates purchase orders
- Back-up to Project Expeditor for vendor Follows-up to ensure timely delivery
- Negotiates pricing and delivery with vendors when necessary
- Works closely with Outside Salesreps in executing project order transactions and maintaining superior customer service levels
- Communicates effectively and participates positively as a member of the Project team (e.g., sharing workload, when possible, proactively communicating, etc.)
- Maximizes gross margin by ensuring that FCX gets paid for changes in scope, superior service, problem solving, and technical expertise
- Other Project Team related duties, as assigned by Management
- Role reports to the Project Manager
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills used to establish and build strong relationships
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels of employees within the organization, as well as customers, vendors, and suppliers regarding the delivery timelines and impact to the business
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, namely Excel, Word, & Outlook.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- P21 ERP Experience-strongly preferred
- 1-3+ years' experience in Customer Service-related Industry preferred, experience in an Inside Technical Sales/Customer Service/Application Engineer role with an Industrial Distributor a plus.
FCX Performance, an Applied Industrial Technologies Company, is a leading process flow control company providing technical mission critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets.
Founded in 1923, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website