CONNECT WITH A CORPORATION THAT BELIEVES IN DEVELOPING ITS PEOPLE; FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY FOR A TECHNICIAN IN OUR COLUMBUS, OH LOCATION!
FCX Performance is an Applied Industrial Technologies Company and a leading process flow control company. As a Technician you will be responsible for repairing relief valves, control valves, on/off valves and pneumatic actuators in our FCX actuation facility or customer plant locations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Mechanically and electrically troubleshoot, inspect, and test valve assemblies.
- Understanding of pneumatic and digital controls.
- Ability and knowledge to reference appropriate valve manuals.
- Exhibit an ability to effectively communicate with plant personnel regarding valve and instrumentation equipment and customer requirements.
- Obtain all site specific and safety related training.
- Assist others as required.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent math and mechanical skills.
Essential Physical Functions/Equipment Used:
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, kneel, and walk for long periods of time.
- Possess the ability to learn how to operate forklifts.
- Knowledge of rigging, lifting and moving heavy and awkward products.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- 1-3 years previous control valve experience desired; experience with hydraulics/pneumatics helpful but not required.
- Basic computer proficiency required, namely the ability to operate Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of required equipment, including hand tools, power tools, etc.
- Standard warehouse environment; including machine shop, paint booth, equipment operation, shipping & receiving inventory area. Customer facilities will include indoor and outdoor environments with exposure to all potential weather elements.
Join a leader in the industrial marketplace! We look forward to learning more about you--Apply Today!
FCX Performance, an Applied Industrial Technologies Company, is a leading process flow control company providing technical mission critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets.
Founded in 1923, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website