As a First Commonwealth Business Banker, you will live out our Mission to improve the financial lives of our neighbors and their businesses. You understand the importance of the customer experience, and the role each employees plays in delivering on our Customer Service Promise every day. You have a passion for building relationships, educating, advising and identifying opportunities to equip our customers and employees with financial solutions that will help them achieve Financial Confidence. You will personally drive business sales through proactive and consistent business development activities focused on expanding your existing business relationships and engaging new prospects to win both their personal and business related banking relationships. You will manage your growing portfolio of business customers and serve as their relationship manager. You will perform a variety of sales and service related responsibilities to meet the needs of business customers with borrowing needs less than $1 million, assessing the credit risk of customers with up to $5 million in revenue. You will generate new deposit, loan, checking account and referral business and passionately pursue business development activities. You will coach an assigned group of Financial Solutions Center Managers with effective communication around relentless execution and on-going leadership of our mission and vision as well as sales management, business develop activities, product knowledge, relationship management and credit abilities for business customer with borrowing needs typically less than $500,000. Your distinct set of skills, experiences and substantiated results related to passionately growing business deposits and loans, engagement within the community, sales prospecting, product knowledge and credit skills makes you uniquely qualified to drive results for yourself and your assigned team of FSCMs. Together with these FSCMs, and with a high level of accountability, you drive for high-performance results by executing a well-defined plan for delivering the entire bank to your communities and partners.
What Great Looks Like in this Role
As a BB, your days will be divided into 5 essential job functions:
1. Grow Small Business (Self) – 65% of your time will be spent establishing and growing relationships with the small businesses in your community. You will do this through the following activities:
a. Build meaningful, long term relationships with your customers
b. Be proactive. Manager your BOB daily, contacting your entire BOB with regularity
c. Seek new opportunities through networking, referrals and COIs
d. Conduct effective, planned appointments to identify financial needs, and recommend appropriate solutions
e. Proactively research and use tools for prospecting. Document activities and customer notes in Synapsis
f. Identify opportunities for business partners
2. Grow Small Business (Team) – 20% of your time will be spent assisting your assigned offices to grow and develop small business relationships through the following activities:
a. Coach and develop your team of Financial Solutions Center Managers for success
b. Engage in joint calling with your team of FSCM's
c. Assist on loan structuring with your team of FSCM's
d. Maintain regular contact with business underwriting to coach FSCM's on pipeline progression
e. Build a collaborative working relationship with assigned FSC's and participate in referral reciprocity
3. Personal Development – 10% of your time will be spent ensuring that you are engaging in the right activities to drive growth, both in balance sheets and in yourself. This will happen by:
a. Take ownership of your personal development
b. Engage in continuing education through online learning
c. Attend Credit Committee to learn and understand credit
d. Seek out individuals that can assist with knowledge gaps
e. Stay current on our products and services
f. Conduct and participate in peer to peer coaching and role play
g. Seek feedback from peers and your manager
4. Support Operations and Compliance – 5% of your time will be spent helping to ensure your offices are well-oiled machines. You will do this by:
a. Always being dedicated to protecting the privacy and security of our customers
b. Support risk management, information security and overall safety and soundness
c. Stay current to bank credit risk appetite
d. Complete all required compliance trainings in a timely manner
e. Cultivate a good working relationship with our support departments
5. Customer Experience – every day, every customer, every interaction you will always have the following at the top of your mind:
a. Live our Mission and Core Values
b. Be a Champion of our Customer Service Promise to Put Customers First, Be Relentless, Inspire Confidence, Champion Simplicity and Obsess with Yes
c. Increase the sales effectiveness and efficiency of your team by championing BUILD, the 8 step sales process and conducting consistent outbound calling
d. Promptly follow-through and ensure you are the single contact for problem resolution
e. Follow the “One to say YES, two to say NO” rule
f. Maintain the highest standard of conduct
Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications
1. A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
2. Three (3) or more years in commercial/small business lending or related banking experience is required.
3. Excellent communications skills, passionate about helping others, motivated to learn, solutions based sales skills, professionalism, resourcefulness, exceptional relationship-building skills, ability
to excel in a complex and dynamic environment.
4. Technologically savvy (i.e., Microsoft Office, Internet, mobile technology, bank systems).
5. A valid driver's license and local and/or regional travel required.
6. May be eligible for Telecommuting.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply on company website