*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Assembler will be based in Memphis, TN. Performs a variety of component installations and inspections on electronic assemblies/subassemblies along a production line. May perform minor repairs as necessary.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture or other holding device.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Mounts assembled components to boards or units.
- May install multi-level subassemblies and modules into Racks using complex configurations.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs and switches, to assemblies.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating and color-coding parts and assemblies.
- Tends machines that press, shape or wind component parts.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Sets up station with the correct documents and components per assembly drawing.
- Handles/install polarized/non-polarized components on designated location on product.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical requirements or dimensional characteristics.
- Assist in performing repair work.
- Communicates any process problems with peers, leads, supervisors and/or engineers.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production line machinery.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Completion of a high school degree or equivalent is preferred. Successful completion of company provided training may be required.
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals and contact points.
- Only current contractors working at the Memphis, Tennessee site will be considered
- In addition, all contractors considered for this position must have at least 6 months experience as a Flex Assembly Technician or must have been trained to perform the task within the last 6 months
- Will complete light physical tasks such as changing conveyor width, loading boards on pallets
- Performs solder masking, taping non-solderable area, installing e-prom into the sockets and placing Rev labels on the boards per production's documents.
- Inspects nonconforming solder join defects on PTH and SMT chips component.
- Collects data using the SPC charts.
- Fills out returned forms of conforming and nonconforming materials and prepares set up kits for incoming shift.
- Completes basic touch up, removal and placement, inspecting own work and the work of others following applicable work instructions and quality procedures.
- Detects nonconforming defects and their defect codes to enter into shop floor control systems.
- Assists, instructs and qualifies new operators.
- Reports deviations from standard procedures to engineering or supervisor and provides inputs on quality improvements.
- Systems - Assemble complex units for wiring, connecting difference sub-assemblies and nodes into large rack systems.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent eye-hand coordination required
- Requires understanding of and ability to use a wide variety of tools
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to use a microscope
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, leads and supervisors of the organization.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
RelocationNot eligible Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website