At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
The Continuous Improvement Leader will be based in Columbia, South Carolina. Responsible for continuously driving a culture of excellence in the organization, coaching and enabling waste removal activities using lean and six sigma approaches and tools and guiding actions to a sustainable conclusion.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Work as a change agent and drive lean and six sigma activities as defined in the GBE A3.
- Applying and deploying Flex Lean Enterprise Principles across the entire organization.
- Responsible to eliminate waste and create value by reducing variation in the processes to achieve sustainable results throughout the organization and segment.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) techniques, initiate process improvements, cycle time reductions, cost reductions and other activities aimed at reducing/eliminating non-value-added activities in the process.
- Drive and yokoten the identified Best practices based on the agreed timelines.
- Create and validate processes/standards based on standard work and BPs.
- Conduct lean and six sigma training and accelerate the proliferation of Lean culture throughout the organization by co-leading and co-facilitating Lean Deployment.
- Perform assessment of LMT Operation/Supply chain/Office and drive initiatives to close gaps.
- Actively participate in the selection and executions of lean and six sigma projects.
- For assigned special project/segment/customer priorities to formulate and propose strategy of Lean Transformation (continuous workshop in 90 days). Coach and facilitate Lean Transformation activities through Kaizen workshops and Small Group Activities.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- 5 plus years of related experience.
- Customer Interface Experience
- Six sigma, lean manufacturing (green, black belt)
- Experience In a high-volume manufacturing environment
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Automated Equipment
- Industrial engineering degree preferred
- Medical devices previous experience
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
#LI-PF-1Job Category Operational ExcellenceRelocation: Not eligible
Is Sponsorship Available?No
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website