At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a Buyer Direct located in Guadalajara, North Campus.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager Direct, Buyer Direct role involves identifying varied sources of commodities and services, evaluates bids, awards contracts and purchase orders, develops standards for new products or services, maintains contact with vendors, and maintains comprehensive descriptions of available products and current prices.
What a typical day looks like:
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability & lead time.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase.
- Manages supplier to price, delivery method and quality expectations and escalates when appropriate.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased & costs per supplier.
- Negotiate liability for excess and obsolete materials management.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Ensure the compliance of Flex policies and initiatives (Purchasing, Trade Compliance, 5S, LPA's, etc.)
The experience we're looking to add to our team:
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- Fluent English oral and written.
- Experience as buyer in automotive or Mechanical industries.
- Knowledge in (ERP- PLEX), INCOTERMS, Customs & Foreign Trade (Inbound & outbound).
- Business and legal knowledge.
- Knowledge in Baan is also a plus.
- Strong negotiation skills are also a plus.
- Knowledge in Planning is also a plus.
What you'll receive for the great work you provide:
- Competitive Salary.
- Life & Medical insurance.
- Christmas Bonus.
- Food Coupons.
- Saving Fund.
AD80Job Category Global Procurement & Supply ChainFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website