At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
The Director of Business Development, located within the western region, will be a key customer facing member, responsible for driving business development within our Business Solutions Team. Targeting Consumer, Home and Lifestyle Strategic accounts involved in new product vectors, this role will be responsible for participating in the formation and execution of corporate strategic plans, creating new business and sustaining current accounts. Upon joining Flex, the Director of Business Development will be expected to draw on personal experience to quickly assess ongoing activities, as well as plan and implement a customer centric profit driven executable growth strategy.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Develop new business with key target customer markets to achieve specific booking targets.
- Collaborating with Internal and external product design organizations
- Analyze and understand customer's business strategy, future product plans, expansion activities
- Define, initiate, and program manage business development activities that will strengthen, expand, and drive market penetration.
- Assist customers in the development and execution of product roadmaps and act as a focal point in delivering Flex solutions.
- Qualifying and championing opportunities, collaborating with and securing buy-in with key Flex stakeholders
- Accurately articulate customer requirements back to Flex; identifying and securing the right subject matter experts; creating, leading, and ensuring accountability across deal specific collaborative teams, and then driving the company and the company's resources to meet the customer's requirements, whether it's a specific response time or a type of response that the customer requires.
- Ensuring high-quality customer communications early in the engagement process.
- Working directly with client CEOs & COOs, ensuring high-quality early customer communications involving sales projections, P&L statements, build plans, etc.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Prior experience (10 + years) in a Senior Sales or Business Development role with a track record of driving above industry average revenue and margin growth,
- A deep knowledge of how hardware products are created, manufactured, and how the product development process works), is experienced working in the Consumer Electronics industry selling comprehensive technology solutions into related product development, supply chain, and/or manufacturing operations.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- A working knowledge of consumer technology and Industrial products markets(e.g., robotics, wireless products, wearable technologies, gaming consoles and peripherals, audio and video products and accessories, Industrial equipment, home appliances and a broad understanding of related supply chain, product development, and manufacturing operations.)
- A proven ability to function exceptionally in all phases of the sales process; ability to articulate approach to account sales strategy, planning and execution including employed solution selling methodologies.
- Able to develop and maintain client executive relationships; able to map out complex accounts, define approach/strategy to building relationships up/down/across targeted account organizations.
- Able to proactively create, drive, and manage proposal opportunities
- Able to develop client centric competitively differentiated value propositions
- Knows how to prepare & plan for client executive interaction/meetings; knows how to track: meeting value, meeting objective achievement, meeting action item/follow-up; knows how to secure client call-to-action.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Possesses a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Sciences or Business or MBA
- Hardware Supply Chain and Operations
- Legal Contract Management
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website