The Position Director Engineering will be based in Chennai (Sriperambadur)
We are looking for someone who demonstrates
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do
- Organize and lead Project/Program reviews to ensure projects are delivered on time, as per cost targets and within quality specifications.
- Partner with other functional leaders to ensure manufacture engineering activities are well integrated with manufacturing operations.
- Able to design from low to complex automation solutions for Final Assembly, Testing and Packaging including equipment, processes and tools.
- Participate in design reviews. Understand mechanical drawings, electrical and pneumatic diagrams identifying potential risk and errors.
- Lead startup efforts, commission automation system and training for engineers plus technician.
- Build and manage a test group to deliver competitive advantage through several senior leaders in support of Flex business strategy.
- Ensure the development of test platform solutions for diversified industry segments covering a wide range of products and volume mixes for consumer electronics.
- Provide guidance and feedback to subordinate leaders to ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
- Manage projects within budget and time constraints.
- Plan, budget, and manage the Manufacture Engineering, Facilities, Maintenance and NPI group costs in line with Corporate objectives.
- Ensure budget, schedules and performance indicators meet corporate guidelines.
- Provide technical and strategic guidance to senior leaders
- Implement appropriate HR Strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
- Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers in controversial situations, contract negotiations or other matters for which influence skills are required.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)
- Result oriented professional in Industrial Automations.
- Good Knowledge of oral and written communication.
- Focus on Zero break down, Preventive Maintenance & break down activity.
- Ensure 98% utilization of the equipment's.
- Optimal utilization of human resource, and shift planning
Here are a few of our preferred experiences
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience and training with minimum of 10 years of engineering experience, including broad based management and supervision.
Job Category Design & TechnologyFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website