*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Director- Functional Safety will be responsible for leading Flex's Functional Safety capabilities for OEM customer product development. This is a global position where you will provide technical leadership to develop Functional Safety competencies, establish best practices and define ongoing training across Flex's global design centers. This will span all Flex Automotive product categories including ADAS, Autonomous Driving, Connectivity, Electrification, HMI, etc.
You will guide, support, and manage a distributed team responsible for developing the program-level functional safety concept, including all aspects of feature decomposition and analysis throughout the program lifecycle. In order to do this, you will work closely with both internal and external engineering teams to ensure vehicle system level compliance and provide technical guidance in the form of consulting and independent peer reviews of the system with other cross-functional teams. You are a motivated and broadly capable automotive engineering leader with demonstrated Functional Safety development experience for complex hardware and software systems in Tier 1 or OEM environment. You are familiar with direct and co-development strategies that will satisfy Functional Safety ISO standards, 3rd party audits, and customer expectations.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Evaluate, develop and implement policies, standards, and practices
- Provide technical leadership for global teams performing OEM product development
- Establish and manage Functional Safety development processes, tools ,and documentation standards
- Develop team training plans for the development of Functional Safety technical work products
- Evaluate and select 3rd party Functional Safety resources, establish partnerships, develop SOW
- Support high priority customer engagements as a Functional Safety subject matter expert
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- High level of oral, written, and interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and others
- 5-10 years' Tier 1 or OEM experience in Functional Safety with a track record of launching high volume automotive products up to ASIL D
- Knowledge of leading-edge, automotive technology solutions for modern vehicle architectures: ADAS, Autonomy, connectivity, electrification, HMI, etc.
- Experience reviewing contracts and defining development agreements
- Experience defining training needs and developing training plans
- Ability to travel internationally
- Knowledgeable in ISO 26262
- Knowledgeable in technical risk analyses, e.g. FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, ...
- Familiarity with ISO 26262 certified or Qualified SW tools usage for product development
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Exposure to multiple OEMs in an Engineering role.
- An advanced degree in Engineering
- Experience in Supplier Assessment in FS Area
- SEooC and SOTIF knowledge
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website