Flex Silicon Valley Innovation Center (SVIC) is seeking a Senior Engineering Project Manager to join our team with the responsibility for driving design and development for our innovation projects. This position will based in Milpitas, CA. Responsibilities include supporting Flex customer projects (from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies), market specific driven projects and internal innovation projects. As a member of the engineering team this individual needs to understand product development requirements, work with the team to propose design solutions and help customers architect, develop, and implement new technologies and solutions.
A key aspect of this position will be communication and interfacing with customers and engineers from various design teams and third-party technology partners. This individual will take a lead role in understanding the specific project requirements, developing a coherent design approach and scope of work, and executing to meet project objectives. This requires the ability to direct cross-functional teams and to manage multiple layers of interaction between engineering teams including Mechanical,
Electrical, Software, and Validation. Prototype build and assembly process and material management experience are also valuable in this position. Some travel may be required as determined by project and customer requirements. Candidate will be accountable for motivating the engineering teams to achieve schedule, cost, quality and delivery targets. There will be opportunity to work with technical peer teams within the Flex organization.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Responsible for leading innovation projects to meet scope, quality, schedule and budget requirements.
- Standardize project development processes, organize and facilitate regular review meetings for each program, clearly communicate development status, issues and successes.
- Maintain adherence to detailed budgeting and resource prioritizations. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans
- Coordinate prototype build and assembly efforts with Flex Production team, Purchasing team and other Flex groups.
- Support general Flex SVIC engineering and operational process requirements including purchasing coordination, setting up new technology partner relationships, etc.
- Manage customer relationship, project expectations, and communication.
- Provide internal communication with Flex Management regarding project status.
- Manage the proposal development process to prepare responses to RFQs/RFPs. This includes working with the Engineering Management team to understand requirements, develop an execution plan, estimate engineering effort, and set up a project schedule.
- Drive upfront project planning: meet with key stakeholders to write product requirement documents (PRDs), statement of work (SOW), and other specification documents in order to have a crisp engineering execution plan and to establish quality assurance plans.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to drive product planning and product prioritization activities with accurate and clear budget and resource planning models.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in an engineering design and/or product development team.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability as a successful engineering program manager supporting new product designs that are delivered within three to nine-month product cycles.
- Experience taking products from design to prototype build.
- Ability to plan and execute projects to meet scope, quality, schedule and budget expectations.
- Excellent project and process management skills with the ability to define build and adhere to successful development processes.
- Experience in some or all areas of software design, hardware design, product development, system design and manufacturing supporting various types of products.
- Experience with managing several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Candidate should have good awareness of the market dynamics and products in highly competitive electronics market.
- Experience with NPI processes, mass production set up, sustaining support and product end-of-life support.
- Product compliance and regulatory test requirements.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
JN25Job Category Design, Process & Technology EngineeringFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website