At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a/an Equipment Automation Technician located in Austin, TX.
Reporting to the Kim Shirk, the Equipment Automation Technician role involves…
- E Shift – Day: Sun, Mon, Tues and every other Wed 6a-6p
What a typical day looks like:
- Maintain continuous system operation by adjusting, repairing, replacing, or modifying automation/robotic system components
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and components and return to serviceability
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance actions on all subsystems and related components
- Ensure preventative maintenance of robotic and process support equipment are completed on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Understanding of PLCs
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical diagrams including complex automated system drawings.
- Collaborate with the automation team in the qualification process of automated systems.
- Records procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or method.
- Maintains software, documentation and equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications.
- Assists engineers in developing and designing hardware and software required for all automation solutions per specifications.
- Trains other technicians and operators on products, processes and equipment.
- Proper use of power tools and measuring equipment
- Strong awareness of safety
- Through troubleshooting, identifies machine malfunctions and isolates the failure mechanism.
- Repairs the failure mechanism in the most cost-effective manner.
- Performs preventive maintenance at specified intervals and schedules.
- Performs calibrations and re-qualifications on equipment at specified intervals and schedules.
- Assists process technicians and engineers with the installation and removal of process equipment.
- Analyzes and implements corrective action reports and process tracking mechanisms.
- Records times and problems in equipment logs.
- Provides daily equipment functioning activity information.
- Disassembles instruments and equipment and inspects components for defects.
- Aligns, repairs, replaces, and balances component parts and circuitry.
- Assists engineers in formulating test, calibration, repair and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment.
- May require travel to other Flex sites or equipment vendors' locations.
- Highest level may perform both software and hardware maintenance.
The experience we're looking to add to our team:
- Computer skills
- Experience with material handling, automation and/or robotics equipment
- Electronic Assembly: schematics, PCB loading, mechanical assembly
- Cables: crimping, harness assembly, connector/wire soldering, cable prepping
- Testing: oscilloscope, cable & harness testing, trouble shooting, component testing, logic analyzer
- Machine Operations: automatic component insertion equipment, surface mount insertion equipment, wave soldering
- Mechanical & Electrical Tools: power air guns, taps & dies, alignment tools, measuring tools
What you'll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website