At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a Failure Analysis Technician located in US California Milpitas Bldg 9.
Reporting to the FA Manager, the Failure Analysis Technician role involves…
What a typical day looks like:
- Troubleshoots, debugs, and determines root cause at multiple system levels for customer devices
- Analyzes circuits and topologies to identify marginal failure root causes.
- Drives recovery actions and repairs for failing devices
- Develops, maintains, and improves all troubleshooting solutions within area or responsibility.
- Works with various engineering groups to determine if the data indicates a need for process/product improvement, and provides input on improvement opportunities
- Assists with the fabrication and development of new equipment, fixtures, and test programs.
- Improves the Failure Analysis Procedure, and supports cross-training
The experience we're looking to add to our team:
- A.S. Electronics Technology, or equivalent
- Highly proficient in reading and interpreting assembly drawings, schematics, and board layout
- Experience in troubleshooting analog and digital circuits
- Familiar with the use of a variety of testing and measuring devices such as DVMM, oscilloscopes, and benchtop power supplies.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Has a strong commitment to accuracy and the ability to work to deadlines in a team-oriented environment
- Strong verbal, customer-facing, and written communication skills
- Well organized & disciplined with good attention to detail
- Able to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Intermediate level experience in the use of product in the Microsoft Office suite
What you'll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website