*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Hardware Architect, ADAS will be responsible for leading Flex's technology development in support of prospective and active ADAS programs. You will interface with multiple internal and external customers while identifying requirements, technology, and development activities for ADAS ECUs. You will provide technical leadership to develop internal roadmaps, engage potential customers, and propose technical solutions to win OEM business worldwide.
You are aware of safety, security, and regulatory requirements. For design activities, the Architect must be capable of creating and analysis of multiple design alternatives, assessing such alternatives based on given or self-defined criteria, and selecting the most suitable options to refine to a final design. Your direction and oversight will extend into Flex's worldwide design center teams as they onboard, develop and deploy ADAS solutions to mass production.
This position requires an experienced professional with a background in automotive ECU electronics design from OEMs or Tier 1 and have a track record of successfully launching new automotive ADAS systems into production.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Define and develop AVS hardware architectures for high performance, high availability computing systems: research and understand leading-edge technologies, components, and vendor offerings, formulate complete design concepts to meet customer product goals.
- Create detailed system block diagrams, partitioning plans, functional specifications, and other documentation to drive hardware design and implementation.
- Communicate and disseminate developed architecture to design implementation teams. Develop transfer of information plans and execute program schedule needs.
- Provide ongoing, expert, and consultative support to design teams to complete implementation of design intent to fab-ready ECAD and MCAD assets.
- Provide an expert review of schematics, layout, electro-mechanical design, and verification test plans to ensure design implementation meets specified hardware architecture.
- Communicate and collaborate with key technology providers and customer product designers to develop roadmaps for forward-looking new development and existing product improvements.
- Participate in program quoting efforts to create preliminary architectures, development strategies, and work scope to drive resource estimations.
- Provide synthesized reports to project management, engineering leadership, and customer teams of development status and risks with regards to implementation adhering to architectural requirements.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- A Bachelor's degree in System, Electrical, or Computer engineering or related fields.
- A strong capability and desire to learn, absorb new information and adapt to challenging project needs.
- Ten years or more experience in product development activities for complex, fault-tolerant, and resilient computing systems (eg: server, medical diagnostic, avionics, automotive, etc).
- Demonstrated experience developing electrical and mechanical system architectures and associated high-quality system and sub-system technical documentation.
- Experience working with major computing and communications chipset vendors, knowledge of industry trends and silicon roadmaps
- Experience with one or more of the following computing technologies: server class x86 processors, multi-core ARM systems, FPGA and ISP technologies, GPU/TPU for artificial intelligence (AI) applications.
- Understanding of the requirements and challenges of complex electro-mechanical systems including assembly, ingress, thermal, and robustness challenges.
- Excellent communication skills for transferring architecture needs to design teams, collaborating in system development, and supporting design execution.
- Ability to travel internationally to support these activities.
- A high level of analytical ability and a positive and motivated attitude.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Master's or PhD. degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of Autonomous Vehicle technology, software and hardware architectures, relevant AI technologies, and current technology challenges
- Experience with one or more of automotive electronics development, Functional Safety, fault-tolerant systems, camera and imaging systems, hardware and software AI technologies
RelocationIs Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website