*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
Farm, a Flex company, has over 49 years of experience providing award-winning development services for medical, life sciences, and consumer healthcare companies. Our talented researchers, designers, and engineers work in a highly collaborative environment on innovative products designed to improve people's lives. At Farm, you'll learn from bright, like-minded individuals excited to tackle the world's healthcare technology challenges.
Located in Southern New Hampshire, our employees have the best of both city and country living with a convenient drive to Boston, the ocean, and the mountains. We attract talent from all over the world and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Farm is seeking an Human Factors Engineer to join our talented and dynamic product development team and play a critical role in creating the next generation of advanced medical technologies. The Associate Human Factors Engineer will work closely with other HF Engineers, Industrial Design, User Interface Design and Engineering teams to develop a wide range of world class medical products for our clients.
The Associate Human Factors Engineer is responsible for supporting user research, usability, and human factors testing activities at Farm. He or she is directly involved with the design, development, and execution of research protocols. The Associate Human Factors Engineer receives general direction from other team members and program managers. He or she provides support to team members assigned to projects.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Undertakes user research, such as ethnography in healthcare or consumer settings, focus groups, preference tests, and usability tests (both formative and summative)
- Develops or supports development of research materials, such as protocols, scripts, and data collection instruments. Analyzes research data and assists in producing deliverables suitable for Human Factors/Usability Engineering files.
- Supports a variety of user-centered design methods, such as workflow analysis and personas.
- Helps to optimize user interface design by integrating usability and ergonomics.
- Works on interdisciplinary teams with designers and engineers to analyze and evaluate data, conducts HF evaluations, and generates concepts, product specifications, and usability goals.
- Manages outside suppliers for participant recruiting and research facilities, language translation, study logistics, etc.
- Assists in authoring documentation compliant to relevant standards for client device development programs.
- Provides accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations.
- Has knowledge of and is compliant with the site's Quality Management System requirements. Implements site's procedures and associated templates for Human Factors and Usability Engineering.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- Bachelor's degree in human factors, usability, engineering psychology, and/or research
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Medical Device experience
- Enough maturity to interact with Project Managers in a cooperative and productive manner with little supervision.
- Expertise in a range of user research and evaluation methods. Good understanding of product development processes. Experience with objective and subjective data collection and analysis methods.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Office software to include, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation package. Statistics software experience is a plus.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
RelocationIs Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website