*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Assistant Manager – Production will be based in Chennai Industrial Plant and will be responsible to coordinate activities of personnel engaged in the various areas of a manufacturing department; multi-level assembly, and quality assurance to attain production goals consistent with cost, quality, and delivery requirements.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win.
Here is a glimpse of what you will do
- Lead and administrate the Production organization in an industry leader in developing/adapting effective advanced manufacturing systems and methods.
- Delegate and organize departmental workload according to project assignments
- Develop, motivate and challenge all team members to perform to their full potential, timely feedback in formal and informal media
- With the line managers and supervisors, develop and maintain work schedules that support 100% on-time delivery of both production and RMA demand.
- Work with the line managers, supervisors and direct employees on a daily basis to improve quality levels (Goal: Zero Defect product)
- Drive to conclusion all action items to the manufacturing department
- Ensure that all manufacturing area personnel are thoroughly trained and certified in their specific functions, and that no task is performed by untrained personnel
- Monitor internal manufacturing lead times and efficiencies at all operations, manual or automated, provide feedback and work with those areas not performing standard.
- Maintain positive employee relations by encouraging direct and indirect employees to take advantage of our open-door policy, participation in status and team meetings, and interactive one-on-one communication
- Empower all manufacturing personnel and coach them to champion and take ownership of the foregoing efforts as related to their individual program assignments.
- Ensure that all manufacturing personnel adhere to all safety guidelines.
- Manage Manufacturing Metrics, manpower and systemic processes related to manufacturing
- Provide meaningful training, guidance and nurturing to the supervisory staff
Here is some of what you will need (required)
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 12 years of experience in SMT production managing high volume.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in team handling.
- Reviews and establishes material, equipment, and manpower resource requirements.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply in order to meet customer requirements.
- Coordinates production activities with other functional groups such as planning and distribution.
- Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences
- Managed a team of 500+ resources
- Willingness to work in shifts.
- Good communication skills.
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide
- Health Insurance
AM33Job Category OperationsFlex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website