At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a/an Manufacturing Engineer located in Austin Tx.
Reporting to the Automation Manager the Manufacturing Engineer Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes by providing technical support maintenance of manufacturing methods by performing the following duties in the manufacturing phase of the product lifecycle. (Night shift 6:00p-6:00a Wed, Thur, Fri, every other Sat ).
What a typical day looks like:
- Understand manufacturing and test equipment concepts, technologies and techniques-
- Define equipment maintenance requirements, identify root-causes of equipment failures and develop hands-on maintenance skills, work with other engineers and customers on problem solving and continuous improvement to the design of equipment and products and may develop corrective and preventive action plans.
- Write and update work instructions and other documents (e.g. specifications, procedures).
- Coordinates with customers to determine product specifications and design changes and responds to customer request.
- Provides information for management decisions from a technical and technical cost perspective.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
The experience we're looking to add to our team,
- 3+ years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Medical manufacturing experience .
- Prior documentation experience – FDA, work instructions, preventive maintenance instructions, and instructions for the operators to properly use the machines.
- Electrical - capable of reading schematics, troubleshooting electrical issues, able to use multimeters.
- Capable of troubleshooting mechanical issues.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- Prior experience reading and reviewing PLC programs
- Vision Systems (Cognex or Keyence) troubleshooting.
- Fanuc troubleshooting and programing.
What you'll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
EC37Job Category Production EngineeringRelocation: Eligible for domestic relocation only
Is Sponsorship Available?YesFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website