At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a Conformal Coating Technician located in Austin, TX.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer, the Conformal Coating Technician's role supports engineering services in the post-production ruggedization.
What a typical day looks like:
- Performs complex engineering tests, checkouts, and development engineering tasks.
- Collects data, analyzes results and implements procedures.
- Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment, server systems, machine tools and measuring instruments.
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design, or to obtain data for development, standardization, quality control and problem resolution
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Maintains software, documentation and equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications.
- Assists engineers in developing and designing hardware and software required to test customer products per their specifications.
The experience we're looking to add to our team:
- Typically requires 6-8 years of related experience. Preferably a combination of Associates degree (preferred) plus military training, equivalent vocational training, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read customer specification drawings and interpret requirements related to ruggedization (underfill, staking, masking, conformal coat)
- Experience with conformal coating process, machines, materials, curing method, quality standards
- Experience with masking for conformal coat, hand dispense materials, Tapes, 3d printed masks, tooling
- Experience with component staking process, manual application, curing, quality standards
- Experience with underfill process, Automatic machine dispense, quality standards
- Experience with thermal interface materials and dispensing with tabletop robot
- Knowledge of UV cure versus heat cure for different applications
- Tooling design ideas and maintenance
- Inspection of product to pertinent IPC standards
- Ability to rework product as required with correct chemicals (conformal coat, underfill, staking, masking)
- Ability to communicate clearly and train operators, provide feedback for assembly instruction updates
What you'll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
DM86Job Category Production EngineeringRelocation: Not eligible
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website