*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Materials Lead will be based in Buffalo Grove, IL. Responsible for leading the work of others and participates in work related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing, and delivering a variety of materials, equipment and supplies. Works with independence in carrying out duties with limited supervision.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Coordinates the activities of subordinates.
- Reviews difficult or complex work procedures to resolve questions presented by workers.
- Ensures accurate, up-to-date records of inventory in stockroom and daily operations; completes necessary forms or paperwork for documentation.
- Designs stockroom layout and oversees rearranging process.
- Authorizes special orders within procedural and established limits.
- Oversees and participates in counting, weighing and measuring incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and verify against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Examines incoming shipments for damage or shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify; fills out appropriate forms or documents.
- Fills orders and issues materials and supplies per requests; documents transactions, prepares requisitions and computes costs; keeps records of storeroom inventory.
- Oversees and participates in ordering or purchasing a variety of stock items such as recommending changes to standard items or stock levels and ordering items using independent judgment within established limits.
- Determines method of shipment based on knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates; packages, weighs and marks container for shipment; prepares necessary forms such as bills of lading.
- May utilize computerized or automated system to accomplish tasks.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically requires 6 years of materials experience
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
EC37Job Category Global Procurement & Supply Chain
RelocationNot eligible Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website