At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
The Material Quote Engineer will be based in Chennai.
The Material Quote Engineer performs quotes preparation based on the 2d/3d drawing and information provided by the customer. Additionally, creates costing for plastic & metal components/ tooling cost using Flex costing methodology in supporting the business bidding process.
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- Candidate has primary responsibility to prepare the mechanical quotes based on the 2d/3d drawing and information provided by the customer.
- Candidate is responsible for creation of costing for Sheet Metal components, assemblies & NRE cost using Flex costing methodology.
- Provide recommendation and costing assumptions if there is insufficient information provided by customer.
- Identifying best tooling solution based on information provided by customer.
- Understand various type of secondary process available example, Welding, Powder coat applications, Staking, Plating, Hardware insertion, and most all types of assembly processes used for sheet metal parts.
Here is some of what you will need (required):
- Familiar and able to read, interpret 2D/3D mechanical drawings, designs, and specifications.
- Candidate will have a thorough knowledge in various manufacturing processes in Fab sheet metal parts, assemblies, and tooling associated to these manufacturing processes.
- Must have strong understanding of structured Bill Of Material documents
- In-depth understanding on component and tool costing elements and cost calculation methodology for plastic commodities.
- Material knowledge for most all types of flat sheet metal, include its properties and applications.
- Self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- A lean and keen learner, positive attitude.
- Willing to work in night shift if required for business.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Possess a Degree in Mechanical Engineering with min 3 to 5 years relevant work experience, in the sheet metal Industry.
- Proficiency in Product cost management tools like aPriori is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in 3d software like Solid works, Creo, Inventor and Ms office.
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide:
- Health Insurance
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website