At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
The Plastic Quote Engineer will be based in Chennai. The Plastic Quote Engineer performs quote preparation based on the 2d/3d drawing and information provided by the customer. Additionally, creation of costing for plastic & metal components/ tooling cost using Flex costing methodology in supporting the business bidding process.
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- Candidate has primary responsibility to prepare the quote based on the 2d/3d drawing and information provided by the customer.
- Candidate is responsible for creation of costing for Plastic components & NRE cost using Flex costing methodology.
- Provide recommendation and costing assumptions if there is insufficient information provided by customer.
- Identifying best tooling solution based on information provided by customer.
- Understand various type of secondary process available example, Welding, Painting, Staking, Machining process etc.
Here is some of what you will need (required):
- In-depth understanding on component and tool costing elements and cost calculation methodology for plastic commodities.
- Material knowledge on Plastic resin/Metal, include its properties and applications.
- Have knowledge on Plastic Resin & Metal's market trends on raw material cost.
- Self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- A lean and keen learner, positive attitude.
- Proficiency in Product cost management tools like aPriori is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in 3d software like Solid works, Creo, Inventor and Ms office.
- Willing to work in night shift if required for business.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Possess a Degree in Mechanical Engineering with min 3 to 5 years relevant work experience, preferred in Metal or Plastic Industry.
- Familiar and able to read, interpret 2D/3D mechanical drawings, designs, and specifications.
- Candidate will have a thorough knowledge in various manufacturing processes in Fab plastics/ Fab metal part, and tooling associated to these manufacturing processes.
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide:
- Health Insurance
RR03Job Category Global Procurement & Supply ChainFlex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website