*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Sys Administrator will be based in Guadalajara, North Campus. The Principal Sys Administrator will be responsible for end to end delivery of Computing solutions based on Unix/Linux, to meet the business needs in a 24x7 mission critical environment. This includes infrastructure planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing, setup, reporting, and documentation. Additionally you will be required to interface with Application, Database and Virtual Computing owners to design, build and optimize IT Architecture to best serve the requirements of the Applications selected and also be responsible for working with the corporate IT Teams to ensure that the systems under your control follow all Flex Best Practice Standards and that these fulfill the requirements of all relevant Regulatory bodies and our Auditors. (Example SOX Compliance).
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Design and Build Complex Unix based solutions to meet business needs, including non-production and DR environments
- Conceive and Run Improvement projects in Infrastructure to meet new and evolving business demands
- Coach and mentor team members to develop their technical and soft skills
- Liaise with Vendors and Stakeholders to ensure solutions keep pace with industry best practice and business excellence needs
- Responsible to create and monitor the SOPs needed for day-to-day 24x7 operation of all enterprise Unix solutions (using Linux, Solaris, OEL AIX)
- Install, configure, and manage large multi-node clusters on hard/soft/logical system partitions
- Perform capacity planning, performance tuning, systems monitoring, and disaster recovery
- Serve as L4 escalation for all systems that you architect.
- Create and maintain Process documentation to ensure reliable operation of all systems in a structured ITIL based environment which will exceed all regulatory requirements.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- 5+ years of cross-platform (Linux, AIX, and Solaris) hands-on system administration and architecture with dynamic partition, and virtual partition experience.
- Strong enterprise storage background with experience in EMC, Hitachi, NetApp, and Sun/StorageTek. Knowledge and experience with multi volume and file managements such as VxVM, SDS, HP LVM, AIX LVM, VxFS, UFS, JFS and NFS.
- Must have High Availability (HACMP and/or Solaris Cluster and/or RedHat Cluster) implementation/operation experience
- Possess and demonstrate expertise on various UNIX platform migration planning, implementation and effort estimation across all UNIX H/W.(Vmware/KVM/LDOM/Zone, etc.)
- Backup and recovery experience using Veritas Netbackup in a SAN environment
- Ability to articulate the impact to the operational, business, performance, and security aspects of Flex that will result from proposed system architecture designs to senior level business and technical clients.
- Able to write Shell scripts (Bash, Ansible, Puppet) to automate tedious repetitive tasks
- Manage porjects to provision new infrastructure for both new applications and upgrades/migrations of existing environments
- Strong analytical, verbal, written, documentation and presentation skills
- BS in computer science, MIS or equivalent technical degree
- Hands on experience UNIX (linux/Solaris/AIX) design of Mass UNIX Installation, Firmware, Enterprise patching Solution, OS Hardening, NIS/LDAP, LVM/VxVM, KVM, Mpath etc
Desirable Skills (a plus):
- Can demonstrate proven Project Management skills or certification
- Baan tools & Oracle DBA knowledge
- SAP Environment Experience
- Tivoli Workload Scheduler
- Knowledge in Unix & Windows integration
- Web programming
- Multi-team project management experience
- ITIL or Equivalent Service Management Experience and Certification
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Competitive Salary.
- Life & Medical insurance.
- Christmas Bonus.
- Food Coupons.
- Saving Fund.
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website