At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality and reliability.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Supports Product Engineers and Program Managers with customer interfaces as necessary on quality related issues.
- Assures data availability and integrity for all quality-related data. Consolidates and reports quality results.
- Initiates corrective action requests as needed and tracks to satisfactory completion.
- Assists with development and implementation of quality audits.
- Responsible for developing, applying, revising and maintaining quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished products
- Designs and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/or production equipment.
- Analyzes reports and returned products and recommends corrective action.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Approves product, process and equipment qualifications Provides liaison to various regulatory bodies
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE:
- Executes quality related responsibilities in product manufacturing for customers supported for the production facility
- Performs data analysis and identifies opportunities to reduce or eliminate failures in the production process to prevent the occurrence of nonconformances.
- Lead CAPA investigation and participate in the required Gemba walks and meetings required to complete root cause investigations and identify corrective actions
- Partners with Production and Engineering teams to implement improvement opportunities to address identified trends and CAPA actions
- Assess process and equipment changes for impact to production process and requirements to validate proposed changes
THE EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING TO ADD TO THE TEAM:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Experience working in a Medical Device regulated environment.
- Experience in an automation with a production environment.
- Competencies in automation equipment troubleshooting and electro-mechanical engineering experience/knowledge.
- 4+ years of experience in Quality Engineering within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing batch records.
- Experienced in corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) and supporting validation runs (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Experience with data analysis using Minitab software.
- Represent the organization to customers on quality issues, handle and resolve customer complaints and SCARs.
- Troubleshooting, diagnostics and the ability to train others.
- Demonstrate advanced operations, technical and people and/or process skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills.
- Solid knowledge of GD&T, PFMEA and Control Plans
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE FOR THE GREAT WORK YOU PROVIDE:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job Category Quality
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website