At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting team based in San Jose, CA. This role will ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of financial data as well as assist with developing, implementing and maintaining systems, procedures and policies in order to ensure accurate data in compliance with corporate and legislative requirements and related SEC filings. Flex's size and scale make this a tremendous opportunity for exposure across multiple lines of business and offer future growth and progression.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Prepare the quarterly, annual and other requisite SEC filings (10Q & 10K)
- Participate in the preparation of the proxy statement, including the Annual Report and statutory financial.
- Prepare of all supporting schedules used to compile the various SEC filings.
- Prepare equity-related analysis and forecasts, including stock-based compensation expense and weighted average shares outstanding.
- Perform technical research on various accounting issues, be able to interpret accounting guidance and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners in accordance with US GAAP.
- Correspond directly with internal and external auditors. In addition, the hire will work with the accounting department to enhance the quality of the supporting workpapers prepared in conjunction with quarterly reviews, annual audits and other SEC filings.
- Assist with other general departmental specific responsibilities including, among others, Goodwill impairment analysis, investment accounting, related-party transactions, variance analyses tied to monthly close and compliance with the internal control requirements of SOX.
- Support special projects as necessary, such as purchase accounting matters related to merger and acquisition activity.
- IPO readiness opportunity:
- Participate in the S-1 process for Nextracker (a Flex's subsidiary within the energy business)
- Work closely with executive management, external auditors and third-party consultants during the preparation of all required filings with the SEC.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent) with approximately 3+ years relevant experience
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and its application is essential.
- Good time management skills and should be able to remain organized under periods of reporting pressure.
- Ability to collaborate with senior management, outside legal counsel, valuation experts, external auditors and various departments within the Company.
- Ability to think independently, perform own research on issues and come up with suggested resolutions to be presented to supervisor.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience in Audit (SOX)
- 3+ years' experience in a financial reporting role at a public company or at a public accounting firm (Big Four experience in public company clients is a strong plus)
- CPA or CPA candidate is a plus.
- Workiva is a plus
SS26Job Category FinanceRelocation: Eligible for domestic relocation only
Is Sponsorship Available?YesFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website