At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a Simulation Engineering Manager located in Milpitas, CA.
Reporting to the Director, Simulation Technology the Simulation Engineering Manager working with customers, sites, segments and groups, will be responsible for the oversight of design and development of simulation packages in order to meet customer requirements. From the design of concepts, through development into fully functional and tested simulations. Will also be responsible to lead the team that works on innovative solutions that improves the usability of the software as well as integrate the software into Flex operations worldwide. Will lead definition of new directions and functionality for the overall corporate strategy. Will provide coordination of new project activities and support for ongoing manufacturing activities / problems related to simulation.
What a typical day looks like:
- Must have expert level industrial engineering knowledge to use to set up manufacturing processes, optimize processes and solve operational issues
- Will use detailed Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques to perform data driven operational decision while programming into DES software environments and using IE methodology to implement into operations environments
- Train, coach and mentor engineers to empower them with the simulation tool to meet their daily goals in the factory.
- Lead the research and implementation of new technologies helpful to optimize simulation processes
- Coordinates engineering activities for the Customer Focus Team (CFT) and coordinates with the customer to resolve problems.
The experience we're looking to add to our team:
- 3-5 years of experience leading and managing engineers
- Bachelors in an engineering discipline (preferably Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing or similar)
- Proficiency Knowledge in FlexSim (or similar)
- Experience in leading and managing various technologies
- Strong technical background in computer science and / or application development
What you'll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
#LI-CR1Job Category Design & Technology
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website