*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Sr. Director HW Systems Architect – Cloud and Data Center Solutions will be based in Austin, TX and will be responsible for defining data center solutions with our customers and global design teams and driving the development of solutions from concept to production. The HW Systems Architect interfaces with multiple stakeholders to understand requirements, select viable technology, and lead all development activities for server, storage, networking, and rack-level solutions.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a Glimpse at what you'll do:
- Front-end communications with customers regarding requirements and solutions, analysis and definition of system design alternatives.
- Daily technical guidance and coordination of engineering activities across global engineering teams including our Taiwan, Shanghai, Budapest, and US teams.
- Lead multiple complex global development programs for cloud and data center products – define architecture, lead Flex engineering teams across multiple locations, lead customer technical interactions.
- Support Sales, Marketing, and Account Management on new opportunities, technical feasibility studies, and RFx responses to secure new Sketch-to-Scale wins and achieve growth targets.
- Drive collaboration and communication for complex global programs between Flex functional areas, customer technical leaders, and Flex business leaders.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to understand customer requirements and market needs.
- Drive relationships with Flex Rack and Enclosure Solutions and Flex Power teams to optimize the design-in of our mechanicals and improve margins for Sketch-to-Scale programs.
- Participate and advise senior management on strategy for technology roadmaps and reference designs in the cloud and data center space.
- Ensure all development efforts and teams adhere to the Flex Product Life Cycle (FPLC) process and lead the technical portion of FPLC gate reviews.
- Creates and owns the Engineering Requirements Documents and/or Product Technical Specifications with support from engineering teams
- Leadership for all technical aspects of product development from concept to stable production.
Here is some of what you'll need (Required)
- 15 years industry experience serving as a technical leader for computing, server and storage, and rack-level product development.
- Proven system architecture experience, including mechanical, electrical, and software/firmware design, and collaboration with customer's system architects.
- Deep experience working with Taiwan and other Asia design centers, and ODM/JDM suppliers in the cloud and data center space.
- Strong customer and technical engagement experience with Tier 1 CSPs and OEMs.
- Comprehensive understanding of product development, from design to NPI to supply chain to manufacturing operations.
- Excellent communication skills – direct & unassuming, with the ability to quickly assess complex issues and discern the key messages.
- Ability to interface and communicate with different levels of the organization, both at customer & Flextronics.
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail. Ability to dig deep into issues when needed.
- Masters of Science, preferably Electrical or Computer Engineering
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
RelocationIs Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website