*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Sr. Manager Applications Engineering will be based in San Jose, CA. The Sr. Manager Applications Engineering will be responsible for technically leading large, complex medical product development efforts that consist of one or more pre-sales projects under development for a specific platform or customer. This person will provide technical leadership and guidance on all aspects of development on their program(s), which may cover from the Feasibility / Opportunity to the start of the Concept or Definition Phase through successful implementation of the Launch Phase.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Partner with Functional Leaders to:
- Determine how products and services could be designed or modified to suit customers' needs
- Understand and integrate the customer needs, technical requirements, and sales objectives
- Reduce GAM / BD role ambiguity interfacing with customers engineering departments and convey the technical intentions/particulars of a given sale
- Help GAM / BD's to be more effective with their time management
- Oversee the creation of design and manufacturing proposals, specifications and reports to support customer applications and requirements.
- Use technical knowledge of products and associated development tools to assist customers on complex issues.
- Contribute to product development by determining customer product needs and translating these needs into new product recommendations and specifications.
- Contribute to development of complex product roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with product and business development teams.
- Review customer requirements, identify and communicate potential issues and provide recommendations that will meet both Flextronics capability and customers' specifications.
- Identify and communicate existing and potential design issues both internally and externally.
- Coordinate product integration efforts between component suppliers, Flextronics and the customer.
- Develop and present technical seminars for customers and sales personnel to promote employer's manufacturing capabilities, services, available technologies, manufacturing process and quality.
- Work with customer representatives to coordinate vendor qualification surveys.
- Provide best in class complex technical support by answering and closing all customer and program management technical support questions related to manufacturing capabilities including: design, fabrication and assembly abilities.
- Define initial project/product scope and prepare project plans to meet customers expectations.
- Prepare high level project plans by documenting customers requirements and incorporating design and manufacturing capabilities in order to meet customers' expectations.
- Refine the high-level product concept to fulfill the customer requirements.
- Execute successful commercial, design (technical) and business project reviews; makes Senior and Executive Leadership Teams aware of and propose solutions to unanticipated or potential issues / concerns as they are known.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, sciences or business. MBA or Master's Degree in a technical field, highly preferred.
- Min. 10 years' experience in technology or medical device product development with deep expertise in one or more of the following medical sectors: Drug Delivery, Consumer Diagnostic, Disposables/Consumables, Point of Care systems, Life Science and Diagnostic equipment /IVD.
- A thorough understanding of design controls and process validation relating to medical device regulations and the principles of the EU Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC), the FDA GMP, the ISO-13485.
- Profound experience in leading teams to develop new products or complex line extensions and sustaining engineering.
- Successful track record of delivering products to market or developing commercially viable technology.
- Travel requirements for the position: appr. 30-40%, mainly US.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits; option of basic or enhanced plan
- Life Insurance
- PTO – paid time off
- Access to learning content in our Learning Management System – thousands of online courses, everything from project management to interpersonal skills to Lean concepts – you can continue to build on your knowledge and development by accessing our extensive Learning Management System and its content
- Personal Spending Amount for wellness, ex: gym membership, fitness classes, etc.
#LI-DAGJob Category Design, Process & Technology Engineering
RelocationEligible for domestic relocation only Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website