*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Senior UX/UI Designer will be based in Hollis, NH. As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will develop meaningful user experiences for a wide array of products and systems through aspects of discovery, analysis, and envisioning. You'll work in the field to better understand users, collaborate as team to frame the problem, and develop solutions that shape the future of healthcare.
This position offers flexibility to work from home 2 days a week.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Overview and Team
Farm, a Flex company, has over 45 years of experience providing award-winning development services for medical, life sciences, and consumer healthcare companies.
People at Farm are strategic thinkers, makers, and effective collaborators. As a senior level designer, you will join a talented, multi-disciplinary team of industrial designers, user experience designers, human factors engineers, mechanical, and electrical engineers. Together you will develop solutions that consider the physical, digital, and emotional aspects of the user experience, incorporate leading edge technology, and address marketing needs and business goals.
Day to Day
The role includes collaboration on product strategy, creating user workflows, synthesizing data, problem framing, brainstorming, designing, creating prototypes, and enhancing visual brand languages through visual screen design. You will build convincing presentations that sell ideas through story. You'll have the chance to be the design lead on a primary program while having a secondary support role on others.
We'll give you responsibility and the chance to lead as a designer with the understanding you will be a “self-starter”, responsible for doing great work, creating top-tier deliverables and meeting client deadlines. We expect you to never stop learning, sharing, and growing as a professional. We want you to own the responsibility for the long-term success of our clients and the continual improvement of the team through best practices and awareness of design and healthcare trends.
We have a culture of dedicated, inspirational and supportive employees who care deeply about helping improve or save people's lives with the innovative products and experiences we create. If you want to work on a vast range of challenging programs, with people who inspire each other and the opportunity to expand your career, Farm is the place for you.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Act as a user interface designer or design lead on client programs.
- Conceptualize, create, and develop new interfaces involving information architecture and visual design ranging in levels of sophistication, complexity, and/or breadth of scope, while applying knowledge of user interface principles.
- Have an awareness of the overall product and its primary function as it relates to the user(s) and system in which it lives. Acquire knowledge through client inputs and user research to inform the user interface design process.
- Create workflows, information architecture, navigation models, wireframes, prototypes, and specifications for user interfaces.
- Create deliverables for visual screen design concepts, including iconography, instructional graphics, and animations.
- Collaborate with other disciplines as needed and appropriate to incorporate non-visual modalities into the user interface (e.g. audible and haptic feedback).
- Create necessary documentation to convey design solutions to management and clients through wireframes, digital prototypes, written reports, and compelling presentations.
- Create production digital assets that meet the requirements of the software and display technology.
- Provide accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to clients and other team members that effectively communicate the value of design concepts.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the department and its staff by maintaining an awareness of and promoting state-of-the-art designs, methods, standards, systems, and development techniques.
- Development of user experience models in conjunction with the human factors, industrial design and mechanical engineering teams for the purpose of gathering user feedback. Prototype fidelity may range from basic paper wireframes and touch-screen demos to fully functional advanced interactive prototypes.
- Supports business development efforts by attending prospect meetings and contributing to proposals
- May manage personnel as required by the site.
- Have knowledge of and be compliant with the site's Quality Management System requirements.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- Bachelor's degree in UI/UX Design, from an accredited school and 5+ years of work experience or combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Enough maturity to interact with project managers in a cooperative and productive manner with little supervision.
- Demonstrated versatility and high competency levels in creativity and technical comprehension.
- Proven creative capacity as evidenced by the ability to invent, conceptualize, and abstract.
- Expertise in a range of user-centered design methods.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project management/technical leadership experience
- User research skills are a plus
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
#LI-JZ1Job Category Design, Process & Technology EngineeringRelocation: Eligible for domestic relocation only Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
Apply on company website