*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
- Develops, maintains and improves most assembly processes.
- Evaluates process specifications periodically to determine if they accurately reflect the process requirements and reviews process steps and reduces inefficiencies.
- Collaborates with the Quality Engineers on process improvement, monitoring tools, root causes and corrective actions.
- Drives production schedules and process related problems to closure.
- Supports engineering and the development labs with all new product introduction and development.
- Assists in the compliance of safety regulations, i.e. ISO and business controls.
- Provides production ready documentation (MPIs) with equipment setup and programs.
- Leads team in making process and efficiency improvements.
- Partners with team and handles first calls in non-maintenance down issues and aids manufacturing support with implementing changes.
- Monitors equipment performance and makes minor adjustments such as set-ups, calibrations and alignments.
- Clears minor machine difficulties and performs maintenance and repairs under supervision of technician, engineer or supervisor.
- Assists operators by answering questions and demonstrating operations.
- Spot checks product to ensure quality levels are maintained.
- Stays current working with manufacturing support on process and equipment changes and upgrades.
- Must have knowledge and experience with all assembly requirements.
Education / Experience
Typically requires an Associate's Degree, vocational or technical training, or equivalent experience. Typically requires 10+ years of related experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Demonstrates advanced skills which may be used to conduct on-the-job training and/or lead/guide other employees.
Serves as an expert/consultant in manufacturing line skills with other employees. Demonstrates broad knowledge of manufacturing line techniques and may improve processes. Applies new technologies/ techniques.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, and supervisors of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of forms and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CAPICs/APICs certification an asset.
Scope / Impact
Affects different areas by contributing to development of techniques or concepts.
Decision Making / Discretion
Determines quality/ testing methods/ procedures on new assignments. Decisions may affect department/ function.
Supervision / Leadership
May mentor, coach and lead other employees and/or may develop employees at other levels.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, handle small components and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception.Job Category Operations
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website