*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
- Performs complex engineering tests, checkouts, and development engineering tasks.
- Analyzes engineering test results, and implements changes to resolve problems.
- Collects data, analyzes results and implements procedures.
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment, server systems, machine tools and measuring instruments.
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design, or to obtain data for development, standardization, quality control and problem resolution
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Maintains software, documentation and equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications.
- Assists engineers in developing and designing hardware and software required to test customer products per their specifications.
- Trains technicians and operators on products, processes and equipment.
SPECIALIZED JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may be required for certain positions. These could include one or more of the following duties:
- Assist with the development and delivery of customer presentations and interface with customers.
- Partner with engineers on outside third party developments
- Organize documentation (specifications, schematics, and procedures).
- Perform tests per customer specifications and requirements.
Education / Experience
Typically requires an Associates degree, military training, equivalent vocational training, or equivalent experience. Typically requires 8 years of related experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Demonstrates advanced technical skills which may be used to conduct on-the-job training and/or lead/guide other employees. Highly skilled with ability to move between projects. Demonstrates broad knowledge of functional techniques and has input to process improvement. Applies new technologies and technological changes.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Technical high school degree
Scope / Impact
May direct other employees; in some sites, functions as a working supervisor with large scope of responsibility.
Decision Making / Discretion
May make decisions or recommendations for team. Decisions may affect other teams.
Supervision / Leadership
Requires little to no instruction. Requires little to no supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, work that requires repetitive motion, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle small components, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.Job Category Operations
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website