*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Toolmaker / CNC Machinist will be based in Tempe, Arizona (Flex/Tech Mold) and will Set up and Operate CNC vertical and 5th axis high speed mills, in a fast-paced tool and mold shop. We are looking for candidates that have experience manufacturing electrodes and components for the mold making industry. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career and work with a team that is looking to continuously improve their processes and utilize the latest machining technology available. This exciting position will allow a candidate to learn and utilize the latest automated milling technologies available today.
We are looking for someone who is…
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Set up and run fully automated electrode milling cells using the latest 5th axis high speed milling machines, robots, and CMM equipment.
- Set up and run CNC lathe and mill to produce electrodes.
- inspect electrodes visually for surface finish and use a CMM for dimensional inspections.
- Performs machine set-ups, adjusting speeds, and feeds, of machined parts to specifications set forth in blueprints, drawings, engineering orders.
- Checks machined parts for conformance to prescribed tolerances
Here is a glimpse of what you'll need…
- Set up and operate vertical and 5th axis CNC machining centers.
- Performs machine set-ups, adjusting speeds, and feeds, of machined parts to specifications set forth in blueprints, drawings, engineering orders, etc.
- Checks machined parts for conformance to prescribed tolerances.
- Program, set up, adjust and efficiently operate machines to perform diverse and difficult operations
- Proven ability to analyze G code and make manual program edits as needed
- Ability to set up cutting tools and prove out new programs
- Ability to work with robotic equipment
- Fanuc controller experience a plus
- Ability to use basic shop inspection methods to include sine plates, indicators and height gages
- Close tolerance milling experience necessary
- High speed milling experience a plus
- Zeiss Contura CMM experience a plus
- 5 years minimum experience necessary
Here is a glimpse of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
LI-117757931_altamillerJob Category Operations
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website