DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen's fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students' success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we'd love to talk!
Galen College of Nursing is looking for a Data Analyst responsible for data analysis and other services as needed to support Galen's institutional effectiveness activities. This includes preparing reports/visualizations for internal and external data requests, providing support for regulatory reporting, and performing maintenance on existing reports.
- Prepare reports/visualizations for internal and external data requests
- Prepare reports/visualizations needed for decision support purposes
- Serve as a resource for academic units in developing, measuring, and analyzing learning outcomes
- Serve as a resource for administrative units in developing, measuring, and analyzing performance outcomes
- Assist with the selection or development of appropriate instruments for the assessment of program and student learning outcomes
- Provide student data related to Institutional Effectiveness and other departments via SQL queries and other database query methods
- Assist with responding to requests for information from external agencies
- Work collaboratively with other offices to provide Institutional Effectiveness support for all compliance, regulatory, and State, Regional, and Programmatic accreditation issues
- Compile reports to external agencies as they relate to Institutional Effectiveness
- Create customized reports to meet the data needs of faculty and administrators, as it relates to Institutional Effectiveness
- Assist with the development and support of information technologies to serve campus analytic and reporting needs (e.g., Blue, CampusVue). Working with other college staff and committees, contribute to the planning, adoption, and development of information systems
- Other duties as needed to support the institutional effectiveness activities of the College
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency using Microsoft Access
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to learn quickly and shift priorities as needed in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- Familiarity with CampusVue, particularly customized reports is preferred
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit at a desk for up to eight (8) hours.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
We are Galen College of Nursing. Our focus is nursing education and our students' success is all that matters. We offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. Our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, and master's degrees. The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Galen College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen's accreditation status, please visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website