Apply now »
Rexel is a global leader specializing in the multi-channel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world. Our mission is to offer our customers innovative and sustainable solutions to improve the comfort, security and energy performance of installations, infrastructure and buildings.
We Deliver The Best Customer Experience
We Join Forces For Success
We Encourage Innovation
We Engage People To Develop Their Talents
We Trust Each Other
We Enjoy Making A Difference
We are seeking a Sales Trainee to join our Gexpro team in Madison, AL!
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Completing the Sales/Management Trainee program through orientation and practical experience.
- Completion of classroom instruction in the areas of product knowledge, warehouse operations, customer service and inside sales, as well as outside sales and marketing support.
- Gains familiarity with the day-to-day operations of the business. Achieves and maintains technical capabilities at required levels, participates in product meetings, seminars and training schools to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge.
- Learns and ensures completion and maintenance of operational documents and reports such as counter sales reports, shipping documents, tickets, price sheets and catalogues. Learns and becomes proficient in the computer tools and systems used in day-to-day operations.
- Gathers marketing information regarding customers, competitors and pricing and implements sales strategies set forth by senior management.
- Travels on sales calls and shadows sales professionals.
- Learns and becomes proficient in answering customer inquiries regarding their product needs and processing telephone orders, generates quotes and prices, gives delivery specifications and payment terms and offers substitute products where appropriate.
- Learns to build and maintain customer relationships and provide excellent customer service, be responsive to requests for information and establish priorities for processing transactions to support outside sales.
- Gets involved in communicating technical information to customers and co-workers.
- Works “hands on” in the warehouse to understand the logistics and operations of the materials flow. Performs all functions of the process including receipt of material, quality and quantity procedures, and documentation and reporting. Learns and performs order assembly and shipping procedures as well as the steps in the inventory tracking functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to work efficiently and balance numerous task/projects efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to support satisfying customer requirements.
- Cross functional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Highly self motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Detail oriented, excellent follow through.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Well versed with Microsoft Office as well as relevant ERP systems.
- Previous experience in operations is a plus.
- Previous office management experience or the equivalent is a plus.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and staff to make an accurate assessment of customer needs. Ability to create and make presentations.
Ability to verify and calculate figures such as commissions. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills to analyze customer problems and to recommend the proper course of action. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday within normal business hours. The employee will be required to travel to different locations nationally. Employee may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturdays and Sundays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, internet software and order processing systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, handle, or feel, and required to speak, read, and hear English. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position will requires approximately 90% domestic travel and ability to travel by air transportation and operate a motor vehicle.
- This position may occasionally be exposed to extreme weather conditions in a warehouse environment at company branches or vendor or customer sites.
- This is a high stress and fast paced environment.
Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 8 paid company holidays plus 3 flexible personal days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Accounts
- Commuter Transit Benefits
- Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Critical Illness, Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Rexel USA is a VEVRAA federal contractor and an EEO/AA employer. (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with a Disability) We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued, treated with dignity and respect, and empowered to do their best work. If you encounter difficulty using our online application system due to disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 739-3547
Nearest Major Market: Huntsville
Apply on company website