Apply now »
As our world changes rapidly around us in the years to come, one thing we can be sure of is that it will be powered by electricity. We have a great company, selling electrical products, control systems and software that serve homes, buildings and industry. It is a wonderful place for creative, energetic people to build careers in our supply chain, branches, and advisory teams.
Thank you for giving us a look.
We are seeking a System Administrator (WMS-Pathguide) to join our Gexpro Services team in Irving, TX!
We are seeking a Systems Administrator for our Warehouse Management System (WMS Pathguide) who is a self-starter that can identify, analyze, and solve technical issues quickly, communicate effectively, and collaborate well with team members. Provide sound technical advice and expertise in support of the team's mission: “To provide uninterrupted and reliable access to the WMS (Pathguide) systems.”
The position will be ideally located in Irving, TX or Greenville, SC.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission-critical host computer resources. Provide recommendations for improving or changing the WMS environment to maintain high availability.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the servers hosting the Pathguide WMS by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Working with 3rd party hosting vendor, oversees revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with 3rd party hosting vendors to assist with support activities.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Oversees users' accounts.
- Provides server support related to other software.
- Working with the security team and the 3rd party hosting vendor, develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use and user abuse.
- Working with 3rd party hosting vendor, ensures appropriate backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for the team to take advantage of new technology.
- Works with 3rd party managed services to ensure SLAs are met and all contracted activities are performed accurately.
- Coordinates offshore technical activities.
- Supports the Director, IT and IT Manager with other tasks as needed.
- A 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field. Appropriate additional experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- 4+ years' experience working with SQL databases
- 4+ years' experience working in High Availability environments.
- 3+ years' experience utilizing Progress Databases
- 4+ years' work experience in complex systems design, programming, and systems software, and support
- Familiar with distribution business processes such as receiving, shipping, cycle counting, inventory adjustments, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities; keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with project leads, developers, and other team members.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of:
- Programming languages and operating systems
- Current equipment and technologies in use
- Unix system administration
- Enterprise backup and recovery procedures
- System performance monitoring tools.
- Ability to:
- Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures.
- Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust, and credibility.
- Knowledge in any the following areas will be considered a plus:
- Windows® server 2008 and later
- Database administration or experience with UniVerse, Postgress, or SQL Server (UniVerse is preferred).
- Application development (Pick preferred)
- In addition to educational requirements the following experience is desirable:
- ERP Experience systems (Eclipse preferred)
- Distribution or manufacturing industry experience (distribution preferred)
- Deliver the Best Customer Service
- Join Forces for Success
- Encourage to Innovate
- Engage People to Develop their Talents
- Trust Each Other
- Enjoy Making a Difference
- Draws inspiration from our customers by understanding their requirements
- Constantly promotes teamwork beyond boundaries and disciplines
- Thinks out of the box and adopts a positive attitude towards change
- Respects colleagues and treats them in a fair/constructive way
- Takes accountability for promises and responsibilities
- Continuously looks for ways to recognize and celebrate excellent performance
Rexel USA (A VEVRAA Federal Contractor), and its affiliated companies, is an EEO/Disabled/Veterans employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 888-739-3547 to let us know the nature of your request.System Administrator (WMS-Pathguide) 99274 Irving Gexpro Services IT Dept. Information Technology
Nearest Major Market: Irving
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Apply on company website