Gibson Engineering, Inc., a leading solutions provider for world-class manufacturers of industrial automation products and subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies is currently recruiting for a Staff Accountant. The Accountant supports the Controller with tasks related to internal and corporate reporting, ERP maintenance, banking activities, tax matters, and AP & AR processes. The analyst also provides expert-level support and guidance across the entire organization regarding ERP and regular business transaction questions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Regular ERP maintenance activity, including pricing, notes, and alerts
- Assist in all financial month close activities
- Monitor and follow-up on open transactions such RMAs and unconfirmed pick tickets
- Support in the financial reporting both for internal and corporate requirements
- Help in preparing monthly trial balance, management and commission reports
- Review and approve inventory adjustments as well as generate and manage cycle count requirements with the warehouse team
- Monitor bank activity and reconcile cash and ledger accounts
- Review and approval of vendor invoices, including reconciling any differences in invoiced versus received values
- Support Controller in journal entries and expense report submissions
- Assist with asset accounting and appropriately recording capital expenses
- Generate daily transactions report for management
- Support the entire organization in transactional questions related to the ERP process and special projects such as software or other systems implementations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 3+ years' experience working in an Accounting / Finance role required
- High level of computer skills including ability and history of effectively utilizing email applications, word processing, spreadsheets, and business reporting tools such as crystal or similar
- Familiarity with ERP systems, Epicor's Prophet 21 preferred, and ability to move into power user position relative to business system's software tools
- Knowledge and history of adhering to GAAP in previous positions
- Understanding of standard AR and AP processes
An emerging provider of next generation technology solutions, Applied Industrial Technologies has a growing automation footprint and expanding offering of motion control, machine vision, robotic and IIoT technologies, plus related value-added industrial expertise.
Founded in 1923, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website