Cook in Clarksville, TN
Food. Cooking. Creativity. Is this your life? Do you believe that commitment unlocks unlimited potential? We are the perfect Company to launch or further your career. We are all about great ingredients, culinary innovation and nourishing inspiration.
We encourage you to apply to our Cook opportunity and bring your knowledge and passion of high quality food and customer service to our culinary program. Position Summary: Produce visually appealing and good tasting foods to Guckenheimer standards.
Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foodstuffs as required. Serving customers during meal periods.
- Passion for customer service
- Positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Season and cook food according to recipes and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer tastes.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Ability to use basic computer programs for inputting and organizing data and menus.
- Comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles
- Possess ServSafe Certificate or State/City Food Handlers Card
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to correctly and safely use standards kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Rotating rack ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills and broilers.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
Reports to: Food Service Manager or Chef FLSA status: Nonexempt
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hours per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
We offer fantastic health and wellness benefit options that include but not limited to medical, HSA, a rewarding wellness program, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, EAP, free meal each day, free pair of safety shoes at time of hire, and much more. Guckenheimer's own Learning Management System at your fingertips and a yearly tuition reimbursement program will enable you to enhance your career development in your new and exciting position with Guckenheimer!
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by Law
Apply on company website