Food. Cooking. Creativity. Is this your life? Do you believe that commitment unlocks unlimited potential? We are the perfect Company to launch or further your career. We are all about great ingredients, culinary innovation and nourishing inspiration. Oh yeah, we don't work weekends unless we are opening a new location or kicking it at some cool industry event.
Guckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace. We encourage our team members to join in community events such as Chef Ann Foundation to support the #RealSchoolFood campaign, promoting cooking healthy meals with real ingredients at schools., Second Harvest Food Bank, Girls on the Run, and many more community programs.
We offer fantastic health and wellness benefit options that include but not limited to medical, HSA, a rewarding wellness program, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, EAP, free meal each day, free pair of safety shoes at time of hire, and much more. Guckenheimer's own Learning Management System at your fingertips and a yearly tuition reimbursement program will enable you to enhance your career development in your new and exciting position with Guckenheimer!
We encourage you to apply to our Prep Productionopportunity and bring your knowledge and passion of high quality food and customer service to our culinary program.
Produce visually appealing and good tasting foods to Guckenheimer standards.
Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foodstuffs as under the direction of the Cook, or Chef. Serve customers during meal periods.
- Passion for customer service
- Positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Season and cook food according to recipes and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer tastes.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Must comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to correctly and safely use standards kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Rotating rack ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills and broilers.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
- Ability to coordinate work with and follow the direction of the chef, or cook.
- Use of food cost control methods.
- Possess ServSafe certification or City/State Food Handler Card
Reports to: Food Service Manager or General Manager
FLSA status: Nonexempt
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by law
More information about Guckenheimer:
Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area by two healthcare professionals, Guckenheimer is an onsite specialty foodservice company dedicated to the philosophy that health and productivity at work is achieved through exceptional food and dining experiences. With accounts across 31 states, Guckenheimer features evolved employee health and wellness programs led by registered dietitians, customized menu creations and fresh meals-from-scratch prepared with sustainable and organic ingredients, locally sourced when available.
Apply on company website