The Internal Communications Design Specialist supports compelling communication campaigns for Store Teams and Field Leadership. With expert design and creative content skills, this role creates unique and engaging visual elements that reflect the Retail brand and message.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create effective and branded design to support internal communication campaigns.
- Create innovative visuals for print, email and intranet, maintaining a consistent look and feel across all channels.
- Develop and maintain the Retail style guide including a branded look for specific audiences.
- Build and maintain subject matter expertise around store operations and processes, and reflect Store perspective in all design content.
- Build effective cross-functional relationships in a face-paced organization, while working with partners to create messaging and materials that support the business.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job
- Technical Expertise – demonstrate a solid mastery of graphic arts and content design
- Continuous Improvement – maintain a focus on thinking outside the box, always looking for better ways to communicate and drive engagement.
- Detail-Oriented – ability to create materials with a consistent look and feel, with strong attention to detail.
- Drives for Results - ability to create Store programs, working effectively within Retail and cross-functionally.
- Planning - Excellent time management and planning skills, organized with the ability to set objectives and goals, multitask, follow-up, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Written/Verbal Communications - Ability to understand and communicate to various audiences, establishing the most effective voice, tone and message.
- Staff supervision and development — Yes
- Decision making — Yes
- Travel – Up to 15%
- Location— Calabasas, CA
Job Qualifications - Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with a Graphic Design or Visual Arts focus
- 5+ years of design experience required; retail and corporate experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign and Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of current trends in the field
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you. Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Apply on company website