The Senior Leadership & Talent Strategist is responsible for enhancing organizational leadership capability by leading and executing talent management strategies through reinforcement of our Supply Chain values, business goals and objectives and implementation of new policies, programs and best practices for improving organizational performance and individual development.
The Senior Leadership & Talent Strategist supports onboarding, associates and leadership development, succession planning and retention needs for the company. This individual works closely with various levels of Supply Chain management and the HR Leadership team to ensure there is a consistent and fully integrated talent strategy capable of supporting our current infrastructure and organizational growth for the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads within the culture of the company by consistently promoting the company's mission and values statements.
• Collaborates with HR Leaders, Middle and Senior Management Teams and Functional Business Leaders to plan long-term talent strategies required to sustain potential growth throughout the organization.
• Collaborates with HR Leaders, Middle and Senior Managers, Functional Business Leaders and the SC Learning and Development Team to coordinate succession planning activities, including the identification of high potential associates (HIPOs) and the preparation of Individual Development Plans.
• Oversees the Supply Chains Leadership Development Training Programs and acts as a liaison between the various stakeholders.
• Serves as an advisor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding organizational development practices, including organizational design, strategic planning, change management, performance management, organizational culture and process improvements. • Maintains strong relations with HR Leaders and business leaders to ensure that Talent Management processes and practices are in alignment with the organization.
• Brands Harbor Freight as a company that is known for attracting, motivating, developing and retaining world class talent.
• Retains market focus by monitoring external trends that may impact access to talent and cultivate leading edge capabilities to attract and retain the best talent.
• Guides the planning and development of leadership and organizational initiatives.
• Manages the planning, development and implementation of online and classroom learning that addresses the training and development needs of our associates.
• Assesses and determines the quality and content of training including course design, instruction, program evaluations, training materials and learning reinforcement in achieving goals and objectives of the organization.
• Leads the design and execution of organizational and individual assessment and selection methodologies for both hourly and salaried positions.
• Works with Supply Chain Management Leadership Team to advocate and integrate performance consulting principles in all of the development solutions that are delivered to our associates.
• Serves as subject matter expert for the leadership and organizational capability review process.
• Collaborates with HR Leaders, business leaders and to drive a successful Talent Review processes and create succession and development plans for their organization.
• Monitors the development of key talent by ensuring that development plans are in place and achieved, while ensuring readiness for next likely assignment.
• Manages and provides support on engagement surveys departmental action plans and improvement areas
• Seeks opportunities to link talent management processes with other key HR processes including leadership and pivotal talent development (i.e. mentoring, coaching, 360 feedbacks, recognition, etc.)
• Performs all duties inherent in the role of Harbor Freight Senior Manager as defined in the Code of Conduct including hiring, termination, review and development of associates.
• Fosters the Harbor Freight Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of Harbor Freight vision and unity of purpose.
• Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
• Staff supervision and Development – Yes
• Decision Making – Supports and collaborates on policy development and resolves problems • Travel – 10%
• Location – HFT Distribution Center
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field required. Masters in Human Resources or Organizational Development preferred.
• Five to seven years Human Resources experience with specific focus in the following areas of Talent Management: Onboarding, Assessment, Succession Planning, Development, Assimilation and Retention.
• Minimum of four years of experience in managing associates required.
• DDI, Achieve Global, Ken Blanchard, Franklin Covey, Korn Ferry, Talent Smart EQ, Vital Smart Crucial Conversations, MBTI, DISC Certification preferred.
Job Qualifications – Skills
• Capable of working in a fast-paced, organization recognized for its ability to attract and motivate high potential individuals.
• Proficient with HR concepts, practices and procedures.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to be visionary and strategic in thinking as well as tactical in executing strategies.
• Proven ability to manage/implement projects in the areas of Leadership and associate development, change management, organizational development, and project management.
Physical Requirements: General office environment requiring ability to:
• stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
• speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
• use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
• lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you. Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.
Apply on company website