Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) EVS Asst PRN with HCA Florida JFK Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
HCA Florida JFK Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida JFK Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic EVS Asst PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
The EVS Team Member works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties as assigned:
· Provides cleaning services as directed with consideration for Patients, their family and friends
· Demonstrates understanding and respect for the personal dignity and values of all patients and visitors
· Ensures compliance with all required process and procedural steps
· Adheres to Infection Control policies and procedures,
· Maintains a clean and safe patient environment at all times
· Promotes efficient performance of all the EVS required duties.
· Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures related to the housekeeping function.
· Reads, understands and follows manufacturer's directions, complies with MSDS requirements, and follows Supervisor's, Director's or manufacturer's representative's additional directions, as appropriate for all chemicals and equipment used, both for personal safety, the safety of others and the protection of objects being cleaned.
· When entering an occupied patient room, observes patient's rights by announcing himself or herself before entering.
· Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude.
· Fosters team work by offering assistance to others.
· Provides positive welcome to all clients and family members.
· Acknowledges and responds tactfully to all requests.
· Shows consideration in interaction with patients, family and other health care team members by demonstrating therapeutic listening skills and cooperation.
· Communicates and interacts with others in a professional, responsible, cooperative, and positive manner at all times.
· Protects confidentiality of hospital and patient information.
· Protects physical assets used in job, using supplies sparingly and accounting for them accurately, and protecting and maintaining equipment used.
· Follows proper procedures for tagging and turning in found personal property.
· Always posts wet floor sign when wet mopping floors or when liquids or spills are found on floors.
· Is alert to safety hazards and notifies supervisor or Plant Operations as appropriate of any potential hazards found. Documents in writing as necessary.
· Completes assigned duties within shift.
· Notifies supervisor of any duties which, for any reason, could not be completed within shift so that they may be attended to during the next shift.
· Assists in other duties or areas of the department or hospital as requested.What qualifications you will need:
HCA Florida JFK Hospital was named in honor of our 35th president. We have grown and have four Palm Beach County locations. Our main campus is a 558-bed acute care facility. We are known for services including: emergency services, cardiovascular care, neurosciences and robotic surgery. We offer orthopedic and spine care, bariatrics, behavioral health and obstetrics. HCA Florida JFK Hospital is a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center. We are a certified Ventricular Assist Device program. We are an American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center. Our hospital is an American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. We offer two off-site ERs in Palm Beach Gardens and West Boynton Beach. They provide the same emergency treatment for adults and children. We are located in the city of Atlantis. We are near the coastal cities of Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. We are by the beach, restaurants and shopping. There is something for everybody. We invite you to join a dynamic team of clinical professionals in a fast-paced environment while living in Palm Beach County.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our EVS Asst PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website